Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Auctions With Unknown Person, Crazy Pics And Incoherent Descriptions.

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 804Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...

United States
410 Posts
Posted 09/20/2020   11:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add rismoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Trying to understand this sellers wares, as they claim modern perfs on varieties.

Guessing this a scam

There are a slew of these, but I am more than a bit suspect.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353208582386
https://www.ebay.com/itm/353208582389

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1997 Posts
Posted 09/20/2020   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jubilee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One feedback from one sale in the last 12 months, and suddenly he has a heap of "rare" items. I have no doubt that this seller is to be avoided
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1603 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   12:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to clarify jubilee's comment, this seller has had 1 feedback as a seller EVER. Exactly 1. And his feedback as a buyer is extremely suspicious.

He has bought multiple lots from just a few sellers, which can be a suspicious way to build up feedback when a member only has 1 feedback as a seller. He also left a negative feedback for a seller, then traded with them again on 5 more lots. Could be a way to appear legit by leaving a negative feedback.

This seller also bought a $1,000 item at auction, with no competition. I have no idea if the item is worth $1,000 but if not it would be a totally bogus transaction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353163939835

Personally, I'd run. Don't walk- run.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
703 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   07:00 am  Show Profile Check orstampman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add orstampman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This seller clearly does not know how to use a perforation gauge! He is counting the perforations.

Greedy much??
Forum Dad
USA
1562 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   08:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd bet a buck it's a hijacked account.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   09:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Huh - guy is using description area to sell and over promote his other BS. What a bunch of crap.
Edited by Rich60 - 09/21/2020 09:03 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1315 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   10:40 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I reported this listing for trying to sell his $10,000,000 China Airmail cover outside eBay. They'll probably ignore me.
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   1:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I COULDN'T bid on this guy's stuff simply because I cannot make out what he is trying to say! Sounds quite unstable, too. I guess what he is doing is legal (or at least mostly so) so I would simply give him a VERY wide berth.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1603 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   1:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a follow up to my post above, the $1,000 item he "bought" uses the same type of perfing as the items he SELLS. Look at the images- there are notations of how many perfs are on each side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3531639398...ue#itemTitle

Not to mention, BOTH buyer AND seller are the same screen name - altamazin_68.

Doh!
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   1:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An interesting exchange then. Reminds me of the day I was walking along the street in Westminster when I heard a rather acrimonious argument going on behind me, Turned around to see it was one man vigorously arguing with himself ...
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2382 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   2:49 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
1) I didn't know that was even possible
2) How dio you know the buyers screen name since eBay has been hiding it fooor many years?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1603 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Eye there are a few hidden secrets in eBay ;-)

Just kidding, sort of. There is a somewhat difficult way to find ID's of buyers but it is possible. I would like Bobby and/or Don to weigh in if it's ok for me to explain how.

I asked the seller if he has a perf gauge and if he knows how to use it. This is his response:

New message from: altamazin_68 (312Turquoise Star)
All count out the same..thanks for free tips. Check to check the cutting system, too.
Edited by shermae - 09/21/2020 3:02 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
410 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   4:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The actual sharing of this information is not problematic from a terms of service perspective or acceptable use policy.

It is on the reader of this information and their interaction with eBay or any other service, how they search or use APIs, etc in accordance with the web sites terms. If they violate the terms outlined, eBay can take actions as they outline (suspend access, law enforcement, etc)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1603 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   4:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Rismoney. I just want to be sure that the moderators here, who are not beholden to eBay, would consider such a post appropriate on their site.
Learn More...
8463 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   4:36 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is acceptable as long as it is not a hack or violation of the Terms of Service.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1603 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   4:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Don. I only use information that eBay provides to all users. I'll write it up and post.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 804Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05