Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

My 1st Experience With A New Seller

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 433Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6084 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   7:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stallzer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't often buy groups of stamps from eBay as I've learned asking for individual scans doesn't go over well with some sellers. I found a group of British commonwealth KGVI items I've been on the lookout for and the price was great. So I made my 1st purchase from I. Brownlee stamps in the UK. Stamps arrived today and they are actually better than the scans showed on eBay. And to boot a great cover with hand stamps!!

A seller that actually takes his sales to the P.O. (or has a great relationship with them) and gets the covers hand stamped at the counter.
I will be looking at more of his items but thought it would be good to share a good story for once about an eBay seller.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1887 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   7:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The killer is the shipping charges.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   9:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great. Can't find that seller.
Valued Member
United States
426 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
During the COVID thing, I have found myself looking for stamps to play with. I have gotten a lot on eBay over the last few months. I tend to concentrate on one or two countries on each of my 'searches' - I decide that I want a certain single/set and then I figure while I am at it I should buy more from that country. Since much of my buying is foreign stamps, I am finding sellers abroad. Depending on the seller, shipping for a single or small set of stamps can be quite affordable. It's a little more that domestic, but not too bad. Of course there are those sellers out there with $20.00 shipping from Europe to the US on a $5 stamp. I simply don't buy those stamps. About 15% of my purchases have been from overseas. Generally, we are talking about under-$50 purchases. When you start talking about cartons, or registered mail, then I am sticking to domestic purchases.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6084 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   9:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Shipping was 2.50.

Link to his items

https://www.ebay.com/sch/capogatto/..._ipg=&_from=
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   9:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Stallzer GBP 2.50 isn't bad at all. And thanks for the link.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6084 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   10:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For 12 stamps I didn't mind the 2.50 shipping charge, thought it was quite fair. Stamps were all described a MVLH and 4 of them arrived as MNH (or UMM for the Brits)
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5108 Posts
Posted 09/21/2020   11:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If a letter weighs between 21 and 100 gms and is within the prescribed thickness limits, the cost of sending overseas is 2.42, so there's not much rapacity on postage there. It's pretty much impossible to send a letter abroad for less than that.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
959 Posts
Posted 09/22/2020   04:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
2.50 sounds good to me. The very least that I've paid this year for eBay shipping from the U.K. to the U.S. was 2.25, for a single postal card.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 433Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05