Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Not Approved To Bid On Siegel Auctions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 450Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6081 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   1:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stallzer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't do a ton of bidding through SAN but while browsing this morning I started to look through the current Siegel auction but didn't see the "bid box" next to the lots. Top of page said something to the effect of " your registration has been reviewed and you are not approved to bid in this auction"

I've never bid on an item in a Siegel auction, I'm approved at every other major action firm, and I have AAA credit. What is the best means of contacting these folks to find out what their issue is? Anyone else run into this?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4911 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They may need better references or higher levels of credit ,the best thing is to call them .
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
580 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   1:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add funcitypapa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Would speak to Scott Trepel directly
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2214 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   1:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just give them a call. No point in speculating, if you don't know.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
547 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add SPQR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've never bid on an item in a Siegel auction

Sounds like they might have deactivated your account due to inactivity. Give them a call.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6081 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   2:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I used their "contact us" option on their website so we will see what they say. My account looks like it is active, I have a member number and when I log in I get their welcome message. Very odd.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1616 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   3:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry in advance if this is redundant...

On SAN, for each vendor we're required to request approval to bid on SAN. See screen shot below. And again, sorry if this old news.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6081 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I heard back from them. Apparently they have tried to contact me a few times to update my references. My guess is they were getting filtered into junk mail as I haven't seen the emails. I sent them an update so now ball is in their court.
Valued Member
United States
33 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   4:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Inkmanno1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You'll be GTG.

Heck, if they approved me, they'll approve anyone :D
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4926 Posts
Posted 09/23/2020   4:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Siegel was burned in a major way some time ago and I believe are much more diligent in approving and reviewing now. Stamp auctions are still surprisingly easy when it comes to approval. Barrett-Jackson automobile auctions are much more thorough. As a frequent consignor who has had issues getting paid at times because of slow and non-paying bidders I wish that all of the firms were as proactive as Siegel.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 450Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05