Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mount Size Packaging A Little Large

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 402Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 09/24/2020   1:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add percyjgp to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was getting ready to cut and mount some stamps, and just found this a little funny. Seems like they could downsize their packaging a little.

The length seems to be the deciding factor on the package.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
6969 Posts
Posted 09/24/2020   2:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
????????????????????
I think they use just a few standard sizes.

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Petert4522 - 09/24/2020 2:27 pm
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
Posted 09/24/2020   2:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add percyjgp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has to do with the 40mm being used for the long se-tenant issues and it being one of the smaller heights in the 265mm length mount. I just found it kind of humorous that the packaging is 2.5 times the size for the mount compared to the 39 and 41.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4655 Posts
Posted 09/24/2020   3:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting choice by the manufacturer. I am surprised they make the 40mm size in 265mm length.
Edited by bookbndrbob - 09/24/2020 3:44 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
267 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   11:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In any event, like this type of packaging a lot more than the traditional Showgard strips.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2847 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   11:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The clamshell design offers more protection but bulky.
Al
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1051 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   2:37 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Timm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've written Amos Press several times and have suggested many ideas including more standardized packaging like size 40 be made the same length and amount as size 41 and make like size 78 and 97.

I get the same answer every time: We'll take it under consideration.
The only change I've seen is they are now placing 55mm strips in a wider package which was NOT a good idea!

Apparently Amos Press is resistant to change.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6969 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   3:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Timm, I think you should be directing your suggestions to Prinz in Germany, they make these!

Peter
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 402Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05