Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collector Needs Advice On Collecting US Mini Sheets

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/24/2020   10:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add moonwalker925 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Planning on adding to my Lighthouse Hingeless Album the complete mini sheets pages through 2019.
Any suggestions regarding this ? Do you keep your pages in the binders year by ear after the singles , or do you just have them all alone in their own binder ?
Any dealer suggestions on the best inventory and prices ?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 09/25/2020   01:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I tend to keep mini-sheets together after the main body of stamps, although my Yvert printed albums for France integrate them. One exception I've made is with my pages for Dominica, where every set from the 1970s onwards seems to have been accompanied by a MS. In that case, I mount them on a page with the rest of the set. Integrating is also more appealing pre-1960 before these things proliferated.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2751 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   4:52 pm  Show Profile Check Nells250's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Adding them to an actual album is a personal preference, BUT may I suggest (if you haven't already tried this) 3-ring binders just for sheets?

I have two 2" binders for my US sheets/mini-sheets/booklets and I can't imagine how much space that would save you in your stamp albums. I use simple clear Avery pages with one sheet of good quality, acid free paper (I still have Strathmore cotton paper from my very first job way back!). That way you can have 2 sheets per page.

Just a suggestion... if you still want to go with an actual album, I'm sure other folks can assist.

:-)
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   4:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moonwalker925 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions ....... I have the actual mini sheet Lighthouse album pages from 1847-2019 in 5 albums .

Brings up the issue as well in where would you put your US Duck pages ?

Say at the end of album 2 in 1964 and leave it there up to date , it's 17 pages through 2019.... or put it all the way in BOB at the end of what might end up Vol 8 ?

Where do you place Air Mails , Officials or Newspaper pages ? Seems the publisher puts most extra pages in and around the year they appeared or close to it as can be . That would put mini pages in the year by year then so they have context ?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2847 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   4:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I now just keep them in protective sleeves in a separate binder. It is not worth the price to mount each one. Just practical and not fancy.
Al
Edited by angore - 09/30/2020 4:54 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2847 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   4:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
delete
Al
Edited by angore - 09/30/2020 4:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1875 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   08:01 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just follow the Mystic Album.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   08:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had some of these problems with my French printed albums. In the end, I put the printed pages for air-mail (which Yvert annoyingly separates from other issues), postage due and officials right at the back, together with material for which there aren't, or I don't own, printed pages (Red Cross and definitive booklets, parcel post). Efforts to put them into periods tended to be undermined because the oage periods didn't correlate with mine. As cinderellas, duck stamps would presumably go right at the back of your US album.
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add moonwalker925 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very good advice, thanks for sharing how you do it . I am now leaning towards leaving the air mail and other items in the rough chronological the publisher put them , but put the Farley and Newspaper stamps in volume one ending with Ducks 1934-2019, only 17 pages to date . That way all the most expensive items in my US is all in one volume in case of a nuclear attack for me to grab . I think I will just integrate the mini pages as the last section to each year of issue and probably will put me into a 7th binder at that point as each one holds 120 pages
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   2:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe some real duck in the freezer would be more useful after nuclear meltdown ...
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 460Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05