Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Chase - The 3c Stamp 1851-1857 Issues

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
663 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   09:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Moyock13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone else noticed that on top of page 33 of Chase's book The 3c Stamp the page #33 is backwards? Weird!
Send note to Staff
Edited by Moyock13 - 09/26/2020 1:08 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2198 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   10:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They fixed that in the 1975 Quarterman reprint that I have, but yes, you are correct.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine has no picture at all on page 33. Copyright date 1929 and 1942 (page iv)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2704 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampcrow to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Moyock, to be clear do you mean the actual page number?
I have the 1929 printing and my page 33 has the number oriented correctly.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2198 Posts
Posted 09/26/2020   11:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can see plainly that the version scanned by the Classics Society (1942 I think) has this issue.

https://d2jf3tgwe889fp.cloudfront.n...okmarked.pdf
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   10:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wtcrowe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I provided that PDF to the Classics Society and also did the bookmarking. I must admit that I never noticed that the page number was reversed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2198 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   11:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bill.

I think in today's genre, this could be referred to as an "easter egg".
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   11:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Huh, I never noticed that before. I have the 1940's version and, yes, the page # is reversed. I COULD claim that I noticed it and that I assumed it was simply page EE. You know - ...30, 31, 32, EE, 34, 35... But I'd be lying.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05