Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bluish Paper Reference Stamp Advise/Wanted - Update

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,338Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi members,

hoping for some help.

i am looking for a CERTIFIED bluish paper stamp as reference material.

what would be the best way/ were to get one. don' t care if it has faults...as long as paper is representative bluish so I can use as reference

somehow searching SAN does not really help me, must be doing something wrong.

***Mod Modified title***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
4943 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You want to physically possess the stamp?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:32 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes, thats the plan

i want to buy one, cheap (relative..but all I am seeing is 150 and up with no cert, 700 up with), I don't want to have to be super careful when using it for comparison

perhaps someone got/found one and send for cert and it was bluish but had faults or a badly centered one. but I need to be 100% it is bluish as I will check all my stamps I have on "perhaps" with it, over the years every stamp I had some idea of bluish I put in a box. this winter I want to check them
Edited by Dutch US Stamp Collector - 09/27/2020 08:36 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
everyone keeps saying you need to see/have one and you will finally know what to look for....
Pillar Of The Community
4943 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   08:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.hipstamp.com/listing/ge...399/31192459

Here is a 358 with a cert. You can usually find them cheaply on eBay as well.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   09:00 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
great!!! it is now sold and I am looking forward to receiving it

never looked at hipstamp before...cool!
Valued Member
United States
435 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   10:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
That's a good price on a very nice looking #358! The seller is a well known seller, too (if it is the same Harvard-mba that I know of), so you should be happy with this transaction. The 1c and 2c bluish papers are relatively affordable - prices go way up from there for the other values.
Learn More...
8517 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   10:44 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion Harvard-mba is as notorious as he is well known.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
930 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jaxom100 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would never trust that seller. I questioned him once on a stamp he had on eBay and he banned me from ever bidding on his items. No great loss for me.
Learn More...
8517 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   12:01 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion communication is a core competency of any business; sweeping blocks of customers or potential customers should be taken as a warning sign.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
4943 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a fan of Harvard-mba but the stamp has a cert and everything will be fine. Geez, this was about a cheap bluish paper, not finding a fishing buddy.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1622 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   12:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Don and there is a well-known eBay seller from Belgium who engages heavily in this practice.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   12:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
i think I am with rogdcam, it is a low cheap stamp with cert so it will be fine. I will let know when it arrives.

Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   1:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The certificate is for a block.
Can the single be positively matched to the block?
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   1:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see the perfs matching any of the four stamps in the block
Pillar Of The Community
4943 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   3:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Give me a break. Talk about seeing things that are not there. The stamp came from the block. I am not a fan of Harvard-MBA but this is ridiculous. Good grief people.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,338Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05