Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bluish Paper Reference Stamp Advise/Wanted - Update

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,318Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7016 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   3:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It does appear to be the top right stamp from this block.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   6:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Give me a break. Talk about seeing things that are not there. The stamp came from the block. I am not a fan of Harvard-MBA but this is ridiculous. Good grief people.

Apparently there many things to see that are not there in my question and observation.

Good grief indeed.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
712 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Caper123 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to disagree revcollector - I don't see the match - especially in the border widths which cannot be easily altered.

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4927 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   7:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The "good grief" was because every so often people pig pile on something that is not deserving of being pig piled on and it grows legs way beyond what is a simple thing.

The OP wanted a bluish paper reference stamp on the cheap. I pointed he/she to one. It happened to be from a seller that some people are not fans of. Fine. The next step is opining that the stamp is not really the stamp "I think".

The hitting a gnat with a hammer gets old. The topic goal was to "find a cheap bluish paper reference copy stamp". How did we get from finding a stamp to the seller sucks to the stamp might not be the stamp?

At times I actually hold back on commenting (some would argue otherwise) because of the inevitable mission creep. Should I share the info? Will it cause problems? Is the seller worthy? Could the stamp be a "bad" stamp or not as presented?

Keep it simple is a great thing at times. Not easy to execute though.

Cheers

PS: Cannot wait to see the stamp when it arrives.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   7:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Based on this thread several of us are now banned

But seriously, I have only heard positive things about harvard-mba's description accuracy and quality. There is nothing to worry about.

Even if he hates 37% of us.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7016 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   7:44 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The block is a bad scan that is not shaped well. Just look at the size and shape of the perf holes.
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   8:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add m and m to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
in my opinion that stamp is not from that block. size of borders and over all centering differ.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7016 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As I said, look at how stretched out the block scan is. But a careful look at the right side perfs will show enough similarities of length and shape.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4927 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   8:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3611 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like the top right stamp to me. Scan of block is poor, distorted, but I see a lot of similarities.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1180 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   9:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add JLLebbert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
While this may drive rogdcam over the edge, I'll toss in my two cents. I agree with Revcollector ... it is almost certainly the upper right stamp from the block shown in the certificate. The perfs shown on a cert photo are frequently less sharp/clear than the actual perfs. But there are enough matching details in the perfs to preclude the likelihood that the stamps pictured are different.
rogdcam: remember, no good deed goes unpunished.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
6986 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe we should wait until the stamp gets to the Netherlands - then the buyer can show scans and we can quit guessing

Peter
Valued Member
United States
142 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   12:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add DStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Revcollector,

Thank you for sharing your reasoning.

I see what you mean, the centering and perfs are the same, just distorted.
It is the upper right as indicated.

As always, I appreciate your patience.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
340 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
it is now the stamp I am awaiting to receive the most....
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1619 Posts
Posted 09/29/2020   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dutch we will all be excited to hear. I believe I saw a hinge repair to the back but it's still a well-priced reference.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,318Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05