Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bluish Paper Reference Stamp Advise/Wanted - Update

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,467Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
352 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all,

the stamp arrived today, I think that is quick for it being send from US to Europe.
it was wrapped very well and accompanied with a nice personal note.
as promised I would post original scans of stamp, certificate for review.
at fist glace I think it is from block and bluish paper....but I am no expert and needed a bluish reference stamp because I do not know how it should look like.
the "white"paper on the back is a hinge remainder and not a thin.

really looking forward to ever-ones opinion on this one!

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7037 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   1:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please put it on an orange background, ( Being a Hollander you should have something orange? ).
If everything else fails just search this forum - several pictures of the real thing have been posted

Peter
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
352 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   1:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

peter, will to the orange thing as well and post
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7037 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   1:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What you posted will not do, you have two different exposes there - colors will change when you do this.

Peter
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
352 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   1:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi peter, the other image was for perforation comparison. here is the one with orange background, added some other WF for color comparison

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7037 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you. Your stamp looks very much like the real thing. Now you can see what the orange paper does.
Also, the "bluish" paper does not look bluish at all, it is more greyish

Beste wensen, en blijf veilig, Peter
Edited by Petert4522 - 10/06/2020 5:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5044 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   3:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   6:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looks good. I was one that always thought the stamp WAS the one referenced in the cert - still do. I am glad you found the copy you were looking for.
Valued Member
United States
26 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   12:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add newguy71 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the orange paper still work if they are on postcards reason why I ask I have a stack of them from feb 1909 to dec 1909 all stamped washington dc.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2530 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   1:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does the orange paper still work if they are on postcards reason why I ask I have a stack of them from feb 1909 to dec 1909 all stamped washington dc.

Hi newguy,
The rag paper content would still show the contrast, but it would only be on the edge of the stamp on the postcard.

What's on the back (the front has the stamp, postmark, and address) of that stack of Washington DC postcards? Should be an interesting post in the Post card forum.
Edited by littleriverphil - 10/07/2020 1:55 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7037 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   2:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Newguy, you could try and cut out a square in your orange paper, just small enough to go around the stamp?

Peter
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   3:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It doesn't sound like anyone has really said it: It appears that your purchase went well. Stamp as described, very quick delivery overseas, etc. It sounds like your experience with this seller was a lot better than some that commented on this thread. Congratulations!
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
352 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   4:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank your. yes, I am happy it all went well! some comments would have had me spooked it it was a high dollar item,,since it was low I was more curious that worried.

i must say, my compliments to Alan,the seller, perfect, fast and honest transaction

again, rogdcam, thanks for the tip! I can now start my bluish hunt ;-)
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
Posted 10/07/2020   5:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

I like that orange background tip. Thanks.

Jack Kelley
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,467Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.97 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05