Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Benjamin Franklin 1 Cent Stamp

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 276Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add scubadad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Folks, I need your help here. I dabbled in stamps when I was a kid, but it never stuck and I went the way of baseball cards for my collecting. BUT, my grandfather was a collector when he was a kid, and I was given his collection many years ago when he thought I might be interested in it. Anyway, I have come across this stamp and it seems like it might be rare? Can anyone shed some light on this? It's attached to an album by a stamp hinge., The album is from the mid 1920's. Can I retire with this, or is it pretty common? Any info at all would be much appreciated.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1367 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   7:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add dudley to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, scuba, but it is a common stamp (not in great condition either). If you think about it, pretty much any stamp that a kid would have access to is going to be common. Anything more specific you'd like to know? If so, you can't go wrong by looking here: http://www.stampsmarter.com/index.html
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
406 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   7:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, this isn't your winning lottery ticket.

There is a 'secret mark' (little dash) inside the pearl just to the left of the numeral '1'. So, it is either printed on white wove paper or soft porous paper, depending on the company that printed it. Either way, it has a 'book value' of under $10. Also, it is pretty damaged on the bottom edge.

Sorry. Keep looking.
United States
2 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   8:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add scubadad to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I kind of figured it was too good to be true!
As I'm going through these old stamps I may hit you up for more info on some of them if you don't mind.
Thanks for the link Dudley! I'll definitely be taking a look!
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   9:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluejay2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I definitely have no expertise on stamps like this, and obviously the question has been answered. Regardless, I appreciate seeing classic stamps (or any stamps). Thank you for sharing.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05