Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newcomer To The Stamp Community Forum

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 474Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   10:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add mikey66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. Recently retired and I have always been interested in postal history. A project that I am now pursuing is to collect US stamps on cover up to 1945. Correct usage not philatelic such as first day covers or first flights, etc. I am also interested in Delaware and New Orleans postal history. Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
548 Posts
Posted 09/27/2020   11:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add centerstage98 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome and congrats on joining a great hobby. The folks here are very stamp smart and willing to help.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

Dale
Valued Member
240 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   06:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome! Hope you have as much fun following and participating in this forum as I have.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
941 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   07:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mikey66!
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Valued Member
United States
45 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Redsfan11 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad to see you here. I am retired but active in history of air mail, especially rocket related.
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
Posted 09/28/2020   3:00 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hoosierboy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
mikey66

Collecting for the enjoyment of collecting, whatever that might be, is the name of the game. Don't hesitate to ask questions especially if you need basic information and especially more advanced sources of information for any possible topic. You should be able to find folks on this board a little further along on their collecting journey glad to share experiences.

Are you aware NO had a very early local registered mail system? Look on stampsmarter features page on the Registered USA census for details. It is also detailed in my book, REGISTSEER U.S.A. which is a free download on that page. http://www.stampsmarter.com/feature...RegHome.html

Best regards, Russ

Russ
Edited by hoosierboy - 09/28/2020 3:01 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
504 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   12:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1875 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   8:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will love retirement
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2847 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   06:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy!
Al
Valued Member
Learn More...
267 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   5:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Andyrich74 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome, Mikey
Valued Member
United States
10 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   9:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Zman to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1507 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   9:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bobby De La Rue to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome aboard!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
51 Posts
Posted 10/02/2020   08:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnimatedFDCs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome - always great to see what folks are interested in. I enjoy the hobby because there are so many different things to collect or study. Never a dull moment, and always something new to be found.
Valued Member
22 Posts
Posted 10/02/2020   09:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 474Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05