Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

1902 Franklin And 1908? Franklin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 244Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add silverstash119 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Visitor from the coin forum here. I have a couple stamps that I know nothing about, and was curious on people's opinion on value? These postcards were mixed in with a bunch of my wife's great grandfathers stuff. First is a 1902 Ben franklin, the second I'm not sure of the year, but it's postmarked August 1909. Any insight would be appreciated.

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2505 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   2:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Both of the stamps were "work horses" and printed by the millions.
There is a very very slim chance the 1908 Ben Franklin could be one of the rare varieties. It is part of a complicated series of stamps called Washington-Franklins which you can investigate here.

http://stampsmarter.com/features/SQ...rank_ID.html

But your great grandfather-in-law didn't collect the stamps so much as he did collect the postcards!

With postcards, we have a stamp, a postmark, and some type of message, either a picture, and or a written message or both.

Far more likely to be more value in the cards than the stamps.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by littleriverphil - 09/30/2020 2:53 pm
United States
2 Posts
Posted 09/30/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add silverstash119 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@littleriverphil

Thanks for the feedback. I dont think he "collected" them per say, it looks like these were just family memories, same as saving a birthday card. It's been fun to go through all the old stuff.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by silverstash119 - 09/30/2020 3:14 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 244Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05