Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Palo 15% Off Sale For October

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
274 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   09:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Coastwatcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Palo Albums is offering 15% off everything in their store for the entire month of October. You must use the code OCTOBER at checkout to receive the discount.

Send note to Staff
Edited by Coastwatcher - 10/01/2020 09:10 am

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1875 Posts
Posted 10/01/2020   1:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've done that before but sometimes they offer up to 40%. Now that's a deal!

Jack Kelley
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4935 Posts
Posted 10/02/2020   8:32 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've done that before but sometimes they offer up to 40%. Now that's a deal!

I cannot recall them ever offering 40% off their own albums. Other brands and/or clearance items, yes, but not Palo albums.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4913 Posts
Posted 10/02/2020   8:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing that! I am purchasing a Russia album and was just about to pull the trigger when you posted the sale code. Hats off to you my friend.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   12:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Still a lot to pay for Steiner "design" ...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4935 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   09:40 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
... unless you want to spend time working with stamps rather than printing and punching pages, sizing and affixing mounts to all the spots, etc.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5082 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   10:09 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
In this case, I had in mind a comparison with other hingeless offerings. I took a look at some Palo pages for French colonies. Unappealing Steiner lay-out and no cheaper than better designed MOC pages. More generally, if you make your own pages, you are "working" with stamps in a much more intimate way than shelf-stacking them in someone else's shelves.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4935 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   10:29 am  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We'll just have to agree to disagree, and that's fine. We each have our own priorities when it comes to collecting.

One particular allure of the Palo pages for collectors here in the U.S. that is likely utterly meaningless for those in other countries, is that Palo is the ONLY album maker that produces hingeless pages (1) that are Scott-Catalogue complete, and more importantly, (2) in Scott Catalogue order. That is of no consequence to those collecting using Gibbons, Michel, Yvert, or other catalogue systems, but for collectors here in the U.S. that use Scott (the overwhelming majority), that is major consideration.

They are the ONLY album publisher that offers pages for every country in the world per Scott listings. For U.S. coverage, they are the only album publisher that offers hingeless pages for U.S. revenue stamps complete (except for beer stamps, which is weird).

While Palo layouts are based upon Steiner layouts, they offer much more IMO, even beyond the hingeless option: Steiner pages don't include images of the stamps in every spot, Palo does. Also, Palo hingeless pages are printed in color, which some people like. I personally do not, as it makes at-a-glance determination of which spots are filled very difficult, so I always request mine to be printed in black & white, an option that other catalogue publishers do not offer.

Lastly, Palo will do custom page sets on demand, which other publishers do not. Last month I asked if they could sell me a set of pages for Indonesia including only the Vienna Printings of 1949, but complete including both front of book and back of book, hingeless, printed in black & white instead of color. I had the set in hand in under 3 weeks.

Pooh-pooh Palo all you want, but they offer a unique service that no other album publisher does, and they fill an immense void in the industry.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05