Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Scott Austria Part 1 - Austrian Occupation Of Romania Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 274Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   5:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently purchased the first three parts of the Scott Austria album. Part 1 includes pages for the Austrian occupation of various countries during World War I.

I've been collating the sections and making a master checklist of the Scott numbers to allow me to generate a want list for focusing my future purchases.

While going through the listings for the occupation of Romania, I noticed there is no space provided for Scott 1N35 through 1N47.

This seems odd because stamps of this design are given spaces for both Austria proper and Italy. Could anyone who has a copy of a more recent edition of Part 1 tell me if theirs includes those issues? I'd like to get a sense of whether I'm missing a page or if this particular set has just been spurned by the Scott editors for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Dale
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/03/2020   7:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, if you are talking about the Scott International Album Part 1 , it's normal to not see the 1N35 to 1N47 as they are stamp over $25

If it's for another Scott album like the Specialty Album, it's probably because those stamps was never issues in the army post office, only in Vienna for few days
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 12pence - 10/03/2020 7:41 pm
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   06:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If it's for another Scott album like the Specialty Album, it's probably because those stamps was never issues in the army post office, only in Vienna for few days

12pence,

I am referring to the Scott "Specialty" Austria album.

This would make sense to me, but there are two things that would lead me to think otherwise.

1. Even though never issued, the stamps do have major numbers and should therefore be included.

2. There are spaces for:
  • Austria M69-81
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina 128-140
  • Italy - Austrian Occupation N20-33

For all three, Scott includes the note saying they were sold at the Vienna Post Office for a few days.

I'm also curious as to whether the page is missing/not included in the Scott Romania part 1 as well.

I'll send an e-mail to Amos to see if they can provide a reason for the exclusion.

Dale
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   3:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I found the problem, in my old 1996 Scott catalog, the 1N35 through 1N47 doesn't exist (just a reference to the set), not even on a classic 2003. But on my Scott 2013 and 2017, the 1N35 to 1N47 are there. So Scott printed your album before they added the new numbers to their catalog. ( On my Lighthouse Austria album, they are no pages for the 1N35 through 1N47, and Lighthouse is pretty much specialized in Austria stuf)

old 1996 catalog

2013 catatalog

Edited by 12pence - 10/04/2020 4:45 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 274Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.23 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05