Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Two Hungarian Stamps ??

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 472Next Topic  

France
4 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add jean philippe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is someone able to tell me from where are this stamps, and which year?

Thanls in advance

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
First one is a revenue stamp from Hungary , second one look like a stationary revenue, also from Hungary, how thick is the second one ?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by 12pence - 10/04/2020 5:19 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
1337 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   05:36 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a revenue stamp like the one below,cut with scissors.

Edited by vayolene - 10/05/2020 11:12 am
France
4 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   3:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jean philippe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for yours answers.

The second one, which is rather thin (to answer the other comment), seems not to have the same decoration in the corners.
France
4 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jean philippe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
any idea about the date?
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/05/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For establish the date, I need the type of paper, the type of watermark ( or no ), the perforation and most of all , you need also to provide good scan not phone picture.

The first one was first issue in 1868 , then issue again in 1869, 70, 73 76, 87 and 1891

Still think the second one don't fit the profile of an Hungarian revenue stamps, the details are just not there, but again, I need a scan not a phone picture.
Edited by 12pence - 10/05/2020 7:53 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
1337 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   02:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found this picture on the Internet

No reliable info but "1876 coat of arms revenue imperf"
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   08:11 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Vayolene, do you have a link to this picture ? ,
Pillar Of The Community
France
1337 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's only a "pin" from Pinterest.
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, one thing for sure, it does not look like any Hungarian revenue stamp of that period, the Hungarian revenue stamps was printed using 2 different technology, litho for background and engraving for the crest and the currency like the 5kr you show us. The OP 5kr is stationary quality ( or actually lack of it ) , Hungary in that period was making a great efforts to avoid counterfeits. The one from Pinterest have large margin too, I will expect imper to be printed closer on a sheet. Also some city was printing stationaries, promissory notes and documentary for different purpose. I search in the H&G and found nothing I will still look again in the Philatelia Hungarica catalogue.

Very interesting tread

Edited by 12pence - 10/06/2020 4:05 pm
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   4:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Note the same stamp but it's for show was I expect to be the type of OP sample

here a detail of the imprint

Pillar Of The Community
United States
7037 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Try looking under the Austria-Hungary Empire - you will find them

Peter
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   6:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter, the Hungary was using Austrian's revenue stamp up to 1868, starting in 1868 Hungary produced their own revenue stamps, replacing the double heads eagle with the Hungary shield.
Valued Member
18 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   7:13 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 12pence to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Found it , it'S a Vetenary Certificate of 1875, so as I always know, it's a stationary not a stamp

I found it in my Barefoot Hungary Revenues, ( I forgot I have this book, lol too many books ) Barefoot # 3, 7 or 11 depending on the watermark ( or not in the case of 3 )

here the value, but it's for the full certificate, a cutout like the OP will have barely no value , the 2 other one with watermark have same value

Edited by 12pence - 10/06/2020 7:17 pm
Pillar Of The Community
France
1337 Posts
Posted 10/06/2020   11:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great find,12pence !
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05