Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Ebay Auction: 3,160 Worldwide Cover Lots, Ends October 11th, $1.99 Start.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 720Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/04/2020   4:48 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Battlestamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,
It's been awhile and long overdue, but I finally have listed an eBay auction this year and it's a big one. I've listed 3,160 Worldwide covers from all over. Lots of variety this time - registered covers, air mail, censor, military, mourning, postage due, revenues, hotel, postcards, perfins and much more. I've scanned the fronts and backs of almost every cover - scroll below the description to see enlarged pictures of both sides.
All lots start at $1.99 and the auction has already started today. It all ends October 11th around 12 noon through 4:30 PM EST. There's also 900+ BIN listings all at $1.99 and those will end October 30th.
As always, I do combine for one shipment, but please either request an invoice or just wait till the auction is over and I'll be emailing all buyers a combined invoice. Also, I always use stamps for shipping with secure packaging to anywhere in the world as long as there's postal service to your country.
The link to my eBay store is: https://www.ebay.com/str/battlestamps

p.s. I tend to write detailed descriptions so if you're looking for anything particular use keyword search within the descriptions. You might find more than what the categories and titles allow.
Thanks! Will Battles
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/10/2020   09:37 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all again!
Just to let folks now who were interested in any of the German and area covers. I just found out today that all my photos below the description were missing. This included photos for backs of the covers or cards and any letters or other enclosures. The gallery images were not affected. I fixed that issue so they are now all viewable. Reminder - all auction items end tomorrow!
Thanks for viewing and bidding!
Will
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/11/2020   10:34 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,
The auction will start to come down soon today. Just a FYI - If you win two or more items, PLEASE either request an invoice when you are done or just wait till the whole auction is over. I'll be sending invoices with the correct combined shipping upon request or after 4:30PM EST when the auction is over. I'll be packing tonight, tomorrow and days afterwards. Monday is a holiday so post office is closed, but paid items will be shipped starting Tuesday.
Thanks! Will
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1360 Posts
Posted 10/11/2020   7:19 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your auction was a lot more fun than Siegel, I went 3 for 4 and didn't break the bank. I can't imagine doing 3000 lots. We do 50/week and it keeps us hopping.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
84 Posts
Posted 10/11/2020   11:56 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add NumOnes to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. 3 of 3 on auctions plus a BIN. Adding 4 first issue covers, three #1s and a N1. Hope I found them all. The 3000 covers is a monster, so I had to rely on the search.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   8:58 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to everyone who bid in the auction. Over 600 buyers from all over the world. All paid orders were mailed between Tuesday and Friday. It was my best auction ever in terms of items sold and total value. There were a number of really unexpected surprises. It was a lot of work and I was short on sleep for several days, but did it. I don't do these too often, but they can be fun. The next one on eBay will be all U.S. covers, but no idea when it will happen. All the unsold lots will be listed on Delcampe (Battlestamps) later this month.

Also many thanks to the postal clerks of Hoosick Falls, New York and North Bennington, Bennington and Pownal, Vermont. They had to hand cancel everything.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   9:02 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also to the mods - this auction has ended and move as needed. Thanks!

Sidenote: When I do have the next auction. It won't be as large - 2,000ish, but to help sort the U.S. covers out better in categories I will create subcategories under U.S. Postal History for each state. That should make viewing a bit easier.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1360 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   11:04 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I received my covers today and am very pleased, nice job.

We used to be neighbors, we lived in Saratoga for 25 years. Now we've moved to Mariaville but we miss Saratoga.

Thanks,

Ken
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   11:21 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ken!
Saratoga is nice. I've taken the kids to run amok on the battlefield. We were going to take the kids to their first concert at SPAC this last July, but it's been postponed. Since the chip plant went in, the area especially around Malta has grown. Hopefully once things get better the stamp shows will be back too. There's still the big annual show in July in Albany, and the Albany stamp clubs will have stamp shows twice a year (use to be every month).
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1360 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   08:38 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Did you ever deal with B Trading Co. on Quail St in Albany? Carl and I were buddies for years, fun place to hang out.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2742 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   09:12 am  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KRelyea: I believe they closed before I moved to the area (late 2006), but I have heard about them from other dealers and I did meet Carl at a couple of local stamp shows before he passed along with Bill Powers. The current active dealers that still have stores are George McGowan and Tom Auletta (Azusa Stamps). The Doubledays, Paul Lyngard (Keithcards) and Ed Baily are also usually at the local stamp shows too. Occasionally, John Amberman will show up too.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1360 Posts
Posted 10/23/2020   4:35 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Carl had a great B&M store for over 30 years and ran a little quarterly auction. He paid his staff (all volunteers) with piazza and credit towards postcards. He was the original stamp dealer/curmudgeon.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 720Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05