Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The Postage Stamp 1840 To 2020 R.i.p.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 621Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
366 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   4:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add hoosierboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
How many pieces of non philatelic first class mail do you get in an average week franked with a current postage stamp Except for mail from some family members and friends my count for a typical week is less than one
Send note to Staff
Edited by hoosierboy - 10/17/2020 4:51 pm

Valued Member
United States
33 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Inkmanno1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mostly from auction firms and the occasional hand addressed letter that is made to look real so you'll open it to see the 5% off coupon for HVAC preventative maintenance lol.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
58 Posts
Posted 10/17/2020   5:45 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bluejay2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
At my residence, in the past week I believe 100% of my incoming U.S. Mail was bulk mail without stamps. At my office, most was bulk mail, though some was metered and some was franked with postage stamps.

As most personal correspondence in 2020 is done via email and texting, I rarely receive postage stamps on U.S. Mail at my residence. However, a moderately reasonable amount of incoming mail at businesses, particularly from customers, is franked with postage stamps.
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   12:49 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say 10 pieces.
Mike Pascoe, PhD
https://linktr.ee/pascoe
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1613 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   01:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also about 10 and almost all are solicitations.
Edited by shermae - 10/18/2020 01:24 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
4925 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   07:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hardly any. Never though about it. Interesting actually.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
373 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   08:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Probably five solicitations a week bear a stamp. These two below were in Friday's mail. Apart from the odd birthday card or two that still come, and every oher year a wedding invitation, that is it for non philatelic mail.
Except for the holidays. My wife is very big on sending cards so we get in enough in return to raise our weekly average for the year by 3 stamps.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
466 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   5:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add codehappy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We have a heavy Postcrosser at my house, so 50-60.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
318 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   07:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still see quite a lot of stamped mail here in UK, but its always the common definitives, as most POs no longer sell commems over the counter.

Similarly, if I buy genuine charity kiloware direct from a charity, its mostly common definitives.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
504 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   11:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
None. I do get a few postcards with the current rate stamps per month.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4173 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
None
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2733 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   1:25 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not many - a few assorted presorted or non-profit covers with stamps. Occasional the kids' schools or a local business will use a stamp to send a notice or a bill. Relatives will send stamped greetings cards around birthdays and the holidays, but that's it.

As for the amount of stamps I used for postage - many hundreds to thousands - all stamp orders, bills, greeting cards, and anything else that needs mailing.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4660 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   1:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bookbndrbob to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very few, and commemoratives none. The downward trend continues.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 621Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05