Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This It US 1 Cent Franklin Green?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,485Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7034 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ikuna, what catalog do you use? This is important if we help you trying to ID your stamp

Peter
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/18/2020   10:07 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Peter4522 after measuring the perforations of the stamp and got 11.5X 11 I checked here to see what type of stamp it was.

http://www.stampsmarter.org/1847usa...ntifier.html

I found none with those dimensions. My son rechecked the measurements and he got 11.5X10.5. I still haven't see any on the listing. I need to know about my stamp. Please assist.
Learn More...
8606 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   02:56 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Your son is correct, the stamp is listed in the link you show

Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   06:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The problem is that stamp is 11X10.5 my son's reading is 11.5 X 10.5. We both measured 11.5 . So that stamp have not measured up even to his figures. The picture I have posted with the gauge shows that I am not hallucinating. So the dimensions are either mine: 11.5X11 or his 11.5X10.5
Edited by ikuna - 10/19/2020 06:14 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5034 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   07:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Firstly, you need a real perforation gauge.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   07:42 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok. I got this from a member here. Would try to get a real gauge.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Opps. Just checked again with my son. 11.5 X 10.5.
Just to close my case until I get a genuine gauge even though many experienced collectors use the paper diagram. Sending one more response with pictures until I get a "Real Perforation Gauge" See picks to come.
Edited by ikuna - 10/19/2020 8:20 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
3622 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   9:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Partime to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Earlier, John Becker recommended:

Quote:
When you get a gauge, I think you will find the top/bottom at 11, and the sides at 10.5, thus Scott 632. In the meantime, if you have a '38 Presidential stamp handy, it is also 11 x 10.5 and can be used for comparison.

We can also help you here. Just take your stamp, along with any of the 1938 Presidential series (Scott 803 through 831 only), and scan them at the same time, and post. Then the knowledgeable people will use their software to show you how to easily compare side to side, top to bottom, etc.
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   12:27 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Do your magic.

Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   2:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You guys were correct. Got a proper gauge and it measured 11X10.5

United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   02:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bpaige to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What's the value of the stamp today?
United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   02:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Bpaige to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have the same stamp and it measures 11 x 11
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6118 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   2:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is it used? Unused? unused with full original gum? Unused with partial original gum?, etc
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
522 Posts
Posted 11/18/2020   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bpaige,

Please open your own thread and add a scan of your stamp with the perf gauge as ikuna has done and we will walk you through the process. Please include answers to Stallzer's questions above.

ikuna,

Better luck next time.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,485Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05