Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

The International Junior Postage Album 1924

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 380Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add See Lee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ladies & gentlemen, I am exploring your guide on inherited stamps but thought I should drop this here too.
Many years ago(1960s?) I was endowed with the my fathers stamp collection. It has traveled with me through all these years. Now, there is no one in my family with an interest. So I have come to you in the hopes of finding it a home. I would hate to see it lost in a yard sale which will certainly be its fate
The collection started in September 1923. Beyond that I know little or nothing. As I write this I do not know if your system will allow pictures so a little description:

The International Junior Postage Album, 1924 Edition, Scott Stamp & Coin Company
Dad early on made a cover for the book from a grocery bag for protection. The book itself is not 100% but it is in very good shape. It has hundreds of mounted stamps from all over the world.
The earliest U.S. is an 1861 3¢ Brown Washington. There are 29 more pre1900.

There is a collection of separate slotted pages marked "duplicates". Hopefully a photo attached.

A full sheet of Kennedy 5¢ with the original Life article 5/8/64, the story of the stamps design. The sheet is signed on the waste edge by my father and notarized 1/21/1968.(Why?) The sheet #27808.

Clean and crisp pre-Paid Postcards buff:
2- 1951 2¢ Red, Benjamin Franklin
2- 1962 4¢
1- 1965 4¢ Bureau of the Census
35-1914-1950? 1¢ Jefferson

Does anyone want it? Does it have value? I know absolutely nothing and would accept any guidance that is out there. If indeed it has no value than I will donate it or gift it to a young collector or club. I have thrown up my hands and hope for some direction to a good home.
Thank you all, Bill

PS one each:
1870-71- 2¢ red/brown Jackson, 10¢ brown Jefferson
1873- 1¢ ultramarine Franklin, 3¢ green Washington
1894-Blue 1¢ Franklin, Red 2¢ Washington, Purple 3¢ Jackson, Brown 4¢ Lincoln, Grey 8¢ Sherman(unmarked)
They get more numerous from here on…

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
332 Posts
Posted 10/19/2020   6:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Bill,

Most stamps after 1940 are usually sold under face value for postage. Of the stamps you have shown the 16c propeller (2nd photograph top right corner), of which it looks like you might have 4 or 5, catalogs for about $30 in good condition. You also have a few Washington/Franklin coil pairs, which could be nice. The early US that you list by date could be any of a number of stamps, from a few dollars in value to a few hundred, the rarer but more unlikely varieties. A photograph of the first page of Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Great Britain, Switzerland and Sweden might help us judge better if there is any value to the collection.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by Willwood42 - 10/19/2020 10:54 pm
United States
1 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   07:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Babyvon1o to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Can you help me Identify some stamp
United States
2 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   6:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add See Lee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Photos as requested. No first page France. Germans started on Pg2. CU of the 16¢ set.

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5177 Posts
Posted 10/20/2020   6:28 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The European stamps are, unfortunately, common ones - looks like a typical child's album, abandoned once girls or boys were discovered!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 380Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05