Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Filipinas 1946 50 Centavos. Colonnade Of Palm Trees O. B.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 229Next Topic  
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   09:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ikuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Filipinas 1946 50 centavos. Colonnade of palm trees
Hi guys, I saw this type of stamp on sale for about 13 Euros .
Can anyone say if the O. B.(Official Business) print makes it more valuable?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3054 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   2:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
As a baseline to the discussion, in the 2013 Scott worldwide catalog (the latest worldwide volumes I have)
lists Scott 509 mint at 1.30 and used at 0.35, and
lists Scott O55 mint at 1.50 and used at 0.55

An online listing is not necessarily a good indication of value. A seller can ask any price they wish. What matters are actual prices realized.

The overprint makes this an entirely different stamp with different supply and demand factors in its price/value. In this case, the resultant price/value is essentially the same.

For the value of yours ... I would place it in the 25 cents range. It has nice centering, but a stained perf tip at top. If it is on full cover, then the value is somewhat increased as "postal history".

Lastly, it appears you will find it beneficial to locate a set of the Scott catalogs - either at your library or to purchase a set that is a few years old. My 2013 set cost me $30 a few years ago. About the cost of one certificate. They will answer the majority of your ID/value questions.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   4:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. Stamp world has it at a few cents. I know that sometimes the overprint could skyrocket the value in some cases
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1166 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   4:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ikuna, John's advice is good and you would be well advised to follow it. Even if you get a Scott/SG catalogue which is a couple of years old then it will repay you ten-fold when you buy. Stampworld and an old but recent catalogue will give you a very good guideline to current prices. If they say it's cheap (say, less than $25), then it will have remained cheap. If they say it's expensive then you should do more homework to find out current prices before buying, because some markets are very buoyant at the moment. All online auction sites have a "prices realised" section, and a cautious scan of eBay will also give you some idea of what a stamp of "worth" to somebody.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7029 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   5:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ikuna, please be careful with Stampworld pricing. They are mostly retail

Peter
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
69 Posts
Posted 10/22/2020   6:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ikuna to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the concerns and advice. I appreciate all. Thanks again.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 229Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05