Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Help Tell Me Why This Stamp Is Not Listed With This Watermark?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 311Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   12:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Xerxes8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This 1921 or '22 German stamp is only listed in my only line catalog (Stamp World) as having a looped Watermark..this stamp definately has a crosshatched watermark..do I need to find a better catalog or am I missing something? Thanks.

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
332 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   1:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Willwood42 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
According to my catalog that stamp is Scott 189 with watermark 126 which Scott calls "networked". Looks a little like a chain link fence
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France
1336 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   1:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add vayolene to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Your scan is too blurry,I can't see any watermark.
Your stamp is Michel # 228 (year of issue : 1922) with "waffles" watermark (Wz2)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1433 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Xerxes8: welcome to the Forum. Your stamp appears to be Scott #189. The 2020 Scott Classic Specialized Catalogue describes this stamp as being Wmk. 126. Wmk. 126 is pictured & described as a network, which could also be your "cross hatched" description. I seldom use Stamp World.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
4975 Posts
Posted 10/26/2020   2:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I guess you need to buy a catalog to build your own reference source ,any older Scott catalog will have that info.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 311Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05