Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

An Amazon Question About Collectables?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 474Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3726 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   12:25 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KGV Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Does anyone buy or sell collectables on Amazon?
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3726 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   01:13 am  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Status of the 1st store have looked at on Amazon. Not a good look!

30 days 90 days 12 months Lifetime
positive 0% 0% 9% 9%
Neutral 0% 0% 0% 0%
Negative 100% 100% 91% 91%
Count 5 14 23 23

Feedbacks for this seller.

This item never arrived.
By Jodie on 16 October 2020.
1 out of 5 stars

The item did not come at all. I requested a full refund. The seller is a fraud.
By rong on 14 October 2020.
1 out of 5 stars

Still waiting, I think this is a scam#128545;
By Karen P. on 12 October 2020.
1 out of 5 stars

I order this item in July it is now October we just want to know if it is still coming?
By Debra Craig=-Williams on 9 October 2020.
1 out of 5 stars

Waiting over seven weeks for two packets of seeds. Seller blames coved saying there may be a three to four day delay. Absolute joke. Do not buy here.
By Redmarkoz on 1 October 2020.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1682 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am a full time used book seller on Amazon and I STRONGLY recommend that no one sell collectible stamps there. You will end up having many instances where the buyer claims non-receipt, or returns of stamps different from what you sold. Amazon favors buyers to the Nth degree and they will take your money in favor of a customer complaint.

I think Amazon could be a decent venue to sell 102 cards, glassines, pages, binders, and maybe even packets, but be aware that mainstream stamp collecters are typically more eBay-oriented than Amazon.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3726 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   7:07 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you shermae for your comments. A great help.-:)

Amazon has only recently opened up " Amazon Australia".

Lots of listings on Amazon Australia look like they are straight from Amazon USA site to bulk up Amazon Australia I presume.

Some time ago tried to purchase from Amazon China but the langue barrier and payment options stopped me. Another issue with this experience was I wanted 5kg but most wanted to sell by the ton or shipping container full. But still could buy 5kg from some sellers at a very good price.
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30177 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   8:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Personally, would not touch Amazon, with a barge pole.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...0458159.html
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3726 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   9:32 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
An Amazon advertisement on Facebook.

These dinky little thermos flasks are a real life-saver.
By that, I mean they're an example of what "saved" me from my 9-5 - and helped me to escape a lifetime of working hard for someone else.
And I'm not the only one.
In fact, there are tens of thousands of former 9-5'ers all over the world right now…
Making an income selling really simple everyday products like these on Amazon.
And the good news is: There's still room for more people to join us.
So how does it work?
Step 1: Go online and find a manufacturer who makes products like these thermos flasks. Buy them for potentially a couple of dollars each.
Step 2: Set up an account as a seller on Amazon, and get the supplier to ship the chosen products over to Amazon's warehouse.
Step 3: List the products on Amazon for say, $20. This gives room for a nice profit margin, after paying a reasonable fee to Amazon.
Now, here's why anyone would WANT to pay that Amazon fee:
Once the products are listed for sale, it's mostly hands-off for the seller from that point onwards.
Amazon keeps the products at their warehouse, packs them for customers, and sends them right to the customer's doorstep. This means we never actually need to deal with the customers ourselves.
All we need to do is repeat the 3 steps above to find more winning products to sell - while Amazon sends us our profits every 2 weeks, no matter where we live.
So it's just like earning a regular "paycheck" of a 9-5 - with none of the commute, fixed hours and office politics.
Interested to learn more?
I've distilled some of my Amazon experiences and knowledge into a digital book called " Amazon Jetstream Income" that can be accessed straightaway.
Inside, I'll share how to source products online, what sort of products I choose, how I work with Amazon, and much more.
I'll even show you examples of products that are doing amazing sales right now.
Click below to get a copy of " Amazon Jetstream Income" now.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
3726 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   9:50 pm  Show Profile Check KGV Collector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KGV Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi shermae

A question if you do not mind.

Does Amazon have all your used book stock in their factory system?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1682 Posts
Posted 10/27/2020   10:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does Amazon have all your used book stock in their factory system?

KGV- Up until 2017, all of my inventory was stored in Amazon warehouses across the country. At the peak, I had almost 250,000 titles in stock. Then in 2017 a series of major changes were made to the selling and storage fees. After a thorough analysis, I realized that selling used books through Amazon warehouses was no longer financially viable.

Since about May 2017, all my inventory has been kept in my own warehouse and we ship all orders directly to consumers.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 474Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05