Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Reduction Of Text To Fit My Screen

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 376Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1938 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   11:18 am  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Stamps1962 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
OK, I have posted on this before. But how in heck do I get a reduction in the size of my screen image on here?

Thanks...
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
12 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   1:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Carl20 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you referring to reducing the size of a pic?
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1938 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   2:04 pm  Show Profile Check Stamps1962's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Stamps1962 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, the size of everything on the screen. I did locate a thing I can click on to adjust it.

Thanks!!!
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Below is one way - not sure it is best/easiest way. Not sure if what you want really is to print your screen though. What are you trying to share?

1. shift+prtscn (takes snapshot of screen and puts it is the windows copy buffer)
2. on desktop right click, choose new bitmap image
3.right click on icon for new bitmap image, click edit with Paint 3D
4. click past any error on Paint 3d screen
5. right click with mouse on the center of the Paint 3d screen and choose Paste
6. That should put the screen image you took with shift+prtscn in the Paint 3d editor (as a .png file)
7. click on menu in upper left and choose Save, name the file and pay attention to where you put it

Now you can take that file and put it through the file compression tool for the group (see Tutorials on the left navigation menu here - under Uploading Photos)

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   3:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add billresh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are using a chrome browser there are 3 vertical dots at the upper far right of the window. Left-clicking on the dots opens a menu. One of the choices is to zoom from 25% to 500% of screen size. There is probably a similar control panel on other browsers.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1432 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   5:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Clicking on the three vertical dots at upper right of my Chrome browser reveals my calendar, the weather, and stock market results. Clicking on "View" on the tool bar provides some screen sizing options.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4211 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The three horizontal bars on top right corner of my Chrome browser show day,date,weather. The three vertical dots on the right corner of the page show zoom. View also shows zoom.
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2313 Posts
Posted 10/29/2020   6:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Control + minus (or on a Mac, Command + minus)
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30177 Posts
Posted 10/30/2020   9:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Control + minus (or on a Mac, Command + minus)

Same with Windows

CTRL and + or -

CTRL and just tap plus or minus, to have the screen adjust to what you need

Bedrock Of The Community
Australia
30177 Posts
Posted 10/30/2020   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Also CTRL and F key to find anything on a SCF page

Example : CTRL F (type in "image") should show 6 examples

Edited by rod222 - 10/30/2020 9:37 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 376Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05