Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Question For Ebay Sellers - Arrival Date

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 1,756Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1009 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:22 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KRelyea, Atlanta seems to be particularly bad at the moment. I posted a similar case a few days ago. I finally had to refund the buyer and of course the stamp arrived the next day.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Bobplates - to the best of my knowledge, the only guaranteed date of delivery service is for Priority Mail Express.

Priority Mail offers guaranteed delivery, but not by any set date. It might take 2 days or 2 years.

I don't know about Registered Mail; I'm still waiting for my order shipped Oct 2 to arrive here. I did find out that with RM, you can't even file a lost item claim until 30 days after the mailing date.

Memo to self: If it absolutely, positively has to get there, use FED-EX.

The Indians are getting very good at ambushing the Pony Express; so much so that some riders have been known to simply dump undelivered mail into the trash and go home.
Edited by uboatnut - 10/31/2020 5:25 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1366 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:24 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not talking about name changes, I'm referring to a guy who opens an eBay account, buys $300-400 from me and doesn't pay. I do the unpaid claim, block him, report him and 2 weeks later another eBay account using a comic book name is opened at the same address and he buys from me doesn't pay and it goes on and on. Costs me about $1000 cash flow/month. Getting a little frustrated.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1009 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:25 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
We need the next president to start MAGMA - Make America have Great Mail Again

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
416 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KRelyae: Just because you seem paranoid doesn't mean someone isn't really out to get you.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1009 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   5:29 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
KRelyea - wow that is really bad. I think there is a way of blocking accounts with fewer than some number of feedbacks. Maybe that can help. Otherwise that sounds more like a lawsuit than anything else.
Edited by rlsny - 10/31/2020 5:29 pm
Valued Member
187 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   9:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bobplates to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Uboatnet - Ok you got me there. "Expected" delivery within this zone is 1 to 2 days. And as long as we are riffing on semantics, it seems that it is not too much of a "priority" to take 2 plus weeks to deliver a package 20 miles away.

Bob
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1366 Posts
Posted 10/31/2020   11:05 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah you can block users with Feedback <0, not too helpful since sellers can't give negative feedback. I have over 50 Unpaid cases from this guy.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
3068 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   10:10 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have over 50 Unpaid cases from this guy.

I find that completely unbelievable. Clearly you, eBay and Paypal should be able to find a solution in everyone's best interest to get this stopped. I would have escalated this a long time ago - to outside authority if necessary.
Learn More...
8622 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   10:22 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...opened at the same address...

My first thought would be to plan a 'collection' visit...

But if another 'purchase' was made I would not ship to that address and immediately notify eBay while also providing them the evidence that this address had hung you out to dry many times before. eBay can search for, find, and NARU with any accounts with that address.
Don
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2451 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   11:52 am  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
but he keeps registering new accounts, NARU existing ones doesn't help - they need to block new ones from this address

I would make myself a thorn n eBay's side until they fix this - 50 cases is ridiculous
Pillar Of The Community
United States
988 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   6:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Delivery date window 10/27-29. Item arrives 10/30. Under the current circumstances I would say 5 stars and feedback of "fantastic seller" would be about right.

I had a similar situation yesterday: estimated delivery was 10/30, but actual delivery was 10/31. When asked whether the item arrived by 10/30, I responded No, but I left 5 stars in all categories and a positive comment. I think leaving accurate feedback about the delivery date might be helpful, but I don't want to punish the seller for slow mail (or overly optimistic delivery estimates), so I too would like to know the answer to Dale's question.
Valued Member
United States
464 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   03:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The other side of the same coin has happened to me a few times. I buy something (in the USA) and it has a delivery date that is about 2 weeks out. Like most sellers, these sellers send it the next day or the day after, and it gets to me a few days later. WAAAY earlier than the estimated delivery date. Like most 1st class letters, they get to me within about a week. Of course there are exceptions, especially these days with the COVID.

Do I feel like the King of the World because I think I got special treatment? Of course not. I ASSUME those sellers simply put a more lax delivery expectation in with eBay than many others. They sound like real businessmen - under-promise and over-perform. I further assume that those that indicate an expected delivery date of a few days off simply haven't learned that concept yet.

My personal rule of thumb is that I expect a delivery within 2 weeks within the USA, no matter what eBay is telling me. This assumes a small lot, in an envelope. At the end of 2 weeks, I will contact the seller if not yet received. I have had a few cases where they forgot to mail it and my e-mail is a reminder and I get it about a week later. I have had a few where they respond with a date of mailing and some concern. These guys get my patience. Then there are those that come from a defensive position, insinuating that I received it but I am probably going to make a claim to get my money returned - these guys simply PO me. It amazes me how a simple inquiry can get responses ranging from simple answers to defensive blaming. These guys don't get a future orders from me. They are rare, but they are out there! Just cuz the last guy ripped you off, doesn't mean the next guy will.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1366 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   08:41 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The seller chooses a "handling time" I choose 5 days. After that it's all eBay. They calculate an arrival date based on my handling time plus their algorithm for shipping time.

I think the only impact if you answer yes to the timely delivery question the seller gets an automatic 5 stars for shipping and you don't have to assign stars. I've had lots of late items lately and there has been no negative impacts.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1366 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   4:43 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I just had an interesting conversation with eBay regarding the item of mine that is wandering around Georgia (see above comment). The buyer opened an "Item Not Received" claim a few days ago. I have sympathy for the buyer and I am willing to refund his $ but it seems likely that the item will probably arrive soon. I asked eBay if I could get my payment back if the item arrived after I had made a refund.

eBay advised me to let the buyer claim go to resolution and let eBay automatically refund his payment. If after this my item is delivered the rep told me I could appeal and I would get my $ back, but if I process a refund I give up all rights.

I asked about defects and the rep said because I had called she would enter it in the record and I could have any defect removed.

I don't know if any of this is true but I have nothing to lose.
Edited by KRelyea - 11/02/2020 5:22 pm
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 50 / Views: 1,756Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05