Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Serious Ebay Glitch -- Items For Sale Disappear Just As Auctions Are Ending

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 919Next Topic  
Valued Member
United Kingdom
355 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   2:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add steevh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Tonight I had about 15 items up for auction, one had already sold, the others with between a few minutes and 15 mins. to go, I did a refresh and they all disappeared.
No sign of them in sold items, either, despite 9 having had bids on them (not that more than one or two would have gone into 'Sold' by that time).

I had something similar happen a couple of months back, and they all reappeared eventually.

Anyone else suffer from this glitch?

Its a bit disturbing, and what if my items are also disappearing from the view of potential bidders?
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United Kingdom
355 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   2:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I now find they have all been shunted to 'Unsold', despite having bids on them -- in some cases multiple bids.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2478 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   5:02 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw a different glitch today - I was looking at one sellers items sorted by Ending Soonest, and they looked to be in the right order from a few minutes left to 7 days left until the list just jumped again to another group starting with a few minutes left in the right order again, and then another group starting with a few minutes left in the right order. If I had decided to only look at what was ending today and quit the first time I hit the end of the day, I would have never known he had other items ending today.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
606 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   5:38 pm  Show Profile Check kcaramat's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add kcaramat to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My watch list mysteriously cleared itself today.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1030 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   6:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm currently experiencing yet another different glitch. I used to be able to see tracking numbers (with clickable links) on my Summary Page for things I bought that had been shipped by a trackable method, but now I can't. In fact, I can't find tracking information anywhere on eBay now, even for things that showed tracking numbers a few days ago.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1068 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   7:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mysterious happenings! Who you gonna call, eBay; by names that would offend.
Valued Member
United States
169 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   8:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This exact thing happened to me several months ago. The items disappeared - then showed up in the sold column. Within 24 hours everything had sorted itself out.

I have noticed ever since managed payments started that eBay is extremely glitchy, internal searches within my awaiting payment, shipment, and sold sections return the wrong or nonsensical results, lots of we are having issues messages, etc etc.

I like the old days when eBay was straight forward, simple and worked without constant fails. Admittedly none of these issues are life threatening but they certainly aren't putting enuf energy or money into fixing the software and ironing out the glitches.

I also printed out a shipping label last week that turned out to have a tracking number that was just used in September. This was actually caught by my customer - thankfully and he contacted me so I could resolve the issue.

Rich
Edited by Rich60 - 11/01/2020 8:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
Posted 11/01/2020   10:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Inkmanno1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
eBay being wonky. Just today I am right now receiving messages and emails of items sold 5 hrs ago, along with late PayPal notices just now showing up. Money was all there when they paid, just the notices from eBay and PP showing up late or not at all.

Valued Member
United Kingdom
355 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   04:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add steevh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My eBay issues had sorted themselves out by the morning.

I had posted on the seller forum, only to find out that other sellers were experiencing the exact same problem, so this reassured me it was an eBay thing, not just my problem.

I was quite worried as I had managed to sell (on relisting) an entire album of Charles and Diana Wedding gutter pairs, and really didnt fancy my chances at selling that a second time round.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5271 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   04:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Chaz and Di are a real drug on the market, aren't they? The next Warwick & Warwick has a seven-volume Diana collection with an estimate of £30.

I've had quite a few problems lately with payment notifications being very slow to come through.
Valued Member
United States
47 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jossanders52 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have now the experience 2 times selling on eBay some 100 lots each time.
After listing I can see my items are all active, however when I search for the items, maybe only 50 are posted. During the next 48 hours the most of the other 50 lots show up, little by little, and some never show up. However when they show up they are hidden deep into the listings, The show up time for the items is the same time as I posted. So they cheat me on a 7 days listing showing only the item for maybe 5 days.
All the while the 100 lots I posted show "active".
This is very irritating, people who search by "newly listed first" will initially only see some 50 lots and they assume I only listed 50 lots, they will never find the other slow to show lots. I can see that in the Views on the lots and the amount of bids.
According eBay this is normal, the search engine needs some time up to 2 days to recognize the lots and after that they can be seen in a search.
Me trying to explain that I am selling for 20 years and and always items I posted are visible after maximum 10 minutes.
The knowledge impaired customer reps at eBay are more than useless to help.
So not sure if I will soon list again
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1068 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   10:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Quote: The knowledge impaired customer reps at eBay are more than useless to help.

When you are customer service you are given a script and a list to read and repeat, never admitting or changing anything. In order to get results you have to get them to move up you the chain if you can, supervisor and upwards. And be courtious or else the call may accidently get cut off/dropped.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7154 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   11:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a "saved seller" who lists new stuff every Wednesday. The list that eBay sends me lists old stuff that is sold long ago.

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   6:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Crazy stuff. I never know eBay was that unreliable.

Jack Kelley
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 919Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05