Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Who Is Buying Cartons Of Stamps

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 2,091Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community

United States
5057 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   3:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add floortrader to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
All right let's be truthful here who is going to buy those cartons at Rasdale Stamp Auctions and Kelleher Auctions . We are going to figure out how these two firms are going to sell close to 700 cartons of stamps in the next 34 days ......yes ,you read that correctly 700 .

Where are the pallet buyers on this board ?

This is going to get interesting
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5280 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   3:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You could be swimmimg with the marlin if Mrs Floortrader reads this.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
662 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   4:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is Kelleher having another collection sale of worldwide? Haven't seen that.

Rasdale looks like lots of good stuff, but their starting bids seem a little high, plus shipping to Canada adds some $$. So there's just a couple big lots I am serious about.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5057 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   5:18 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is the back page on the catalog I received today .
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   5:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the Rasdale website...

"There are several estates being offered in the auction highlighted by the Liberty Stamp Store. We are honored with the privilege given to us by the Eaton family. Steve Eaton was the owner of Liberty Stamp Shop which was the last retail stamp store to leave downtown Chicago. Relocating in his suburban home he continued to sell stamps via eBay. It took two days to pack a pair of SUVs with trailers and three weeks to organize and lot his stock which is being offered in its entirety across hundreds of lots."

Looks like a large auction, but unless you are there in person, the total cost plus shipping charges makes it too much for buying unknown cartons of stamps and heavy albums. Too much work for me to buy this way. I would rather attend the Stamp Out Cancer Auction in Rock Island. I have always had a fun time there.

Linus

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1902 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   5:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jkelley01938 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wife will be suspicious if you start building an addition to your house.

Jack Kelley
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2747 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   7:50 pm  Show Profile Check Battlestamps's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Battlestamps to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think I need to sell several thousand more covers before I touch more bulk cover lots. The wife doesn't care for the alley to get through the office.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
662 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   8:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the heads up on Kelleher - it hasn't appeared yet on SAN. Looking forward to seeing what's in it.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5370 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   10:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It really isn't cartons of stamps, it is cartons of refuse with stamps interspersed throughout. 600 pounds of shipping will yield maybe a few pounds of stamps at most?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1401 Posts
Posted 11/02/2020   11:34 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It would be nice if the Kelleher catalog comes out before the Rasdale sale, but I'm betting it won't. If I save some $ for Kelleher it will probably be another skinny sale, if I spend a lot on Rasdale Kelleher will be great.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5057 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   07:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
K RELYEA ----Very true

I will be doing a lot of house cleaning before both auctions . Today will put in a order for stamp supplies at Subway for both 102 cards and long red boxes .

Hope to pick up enough material for the long dark winter of Joe Biden or the stock market rally and inflation of Donald Trump either way ,will have a lot to do with one of those monster lots .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1401 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   08:22 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd cheerfully tackle a 60 volume Scott collection but those big box lots make me cringe. I can breakup and sell a 50-60 volume collection in about 10 weeks, those box lots completely overwhelm my sales apparatus.
Valued Member
59 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I live in Chicago not too far from Rasdale, so I would be able to pick up anything I might acquire. I could see a lot of people passing on this due to shipping costs.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
399 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   12:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mml1942 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
jkelly:
Not if it includes a Sewing Room and is paid for by philatelic sales.
Mike
Edited by mml1942 - 11/03/2020 3:06 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5057 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   7:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. H where about do you live . I lived in Western Springs from 1980 to 2013 and was just down Ogden ave from Rasdales about 5 miles .
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
Posted 11/03/2020   9:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Rich60 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What - who me - no. Not me. Heh he heh.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 30 / Views: 2,091Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05