Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Long Is The PF Taking To Issue Certificates Nowadays?

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 884Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 11/12/2020   12:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just curious how long the PF is taking, given the pandemic, to issue certs after collectors send in their material. Anyone who has sent in over the last 4-5 months who would be willing to comment on actual experience? It took about 6 weeks a year or so ago when I sent in about a dozen, but I assume the timing is being stretched a bit. Have some more that I'm thinking about submitting. I have also messaged the PF to get their feedback on current expected timing. Thanks.
Send note to Staff
Edited by Oracle of Delphi - 11/12/2020 3:40 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
598 Posts
Posted 11/12/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I recently had one take 3 months to get back.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
276 Posts
Posted 11/12/2020   2:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I sent a US item in 7/1 and got it back 8/20 ... a little over 7 weeks. I suppose a lot has to do with how challenging the item is.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
91 Posts
Posted 11/12/2020   3:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been waiting for a lot to come back that I submitted mid September (14th) with the 20 day response checked (and paid for). As I said, I'm still waiting.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 11/13/2020   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies. I've been searching for some items in the PF database and am trying to get a handle on how to, if possible, connect a cert number with a date of issuance, since I'm not seeing that in the database. Would anyone who has recently received back a cert from PF be willing to forward (by PM if preferred), the certificate number and date issued? Or would someone have a tip on whether there is a way to get an issuance date for a particular cert number? Thanks again.
Valued Member
276 Posts
Posted 11/13/2020   7:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Related to that, I have noticed that PF has not posted the stamp I got back on 8/20 into their seachable database.
Valued Member
United States
28 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   07:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add adamscheer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I submitted an item on August 24th and received it back on October 26th
Pillar Of The Community
United States
501 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   08:39 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Philazilla to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
They have have a particularly challenging item of mine for almost a year now.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   11:34 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the PSE database on StampSmarter (thank you, Don) since it appears to be pretty up to date and shows pics of the actual certs so you can see all the comments and the date. I'm still trying to figure out if there is a way to see what the date is for PF certs since the actual cert is not shown on their website (unless I'm missing something). It also appears to me that the PF database is not quite up to date. But I appreciate all this info being available; COVID slowing things down no doubt.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5665 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   11:46 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not having dates in the PF database has always irked me and made research difficult at times. Not sure what the reason for not having dates is.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
174 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add widglo46 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oracle of Delphi -
Quote:
I've been searching for some items in the PF database and am trying to get a handle on how to, if possible, connect a cert number with a date of issuance,...

The only way I found to get a handle on PF certificate dates was to create my own database. I did it with my own collection, and it's been very useful. I simply made a spreadsheet with a sampling of the PF certs on my own stamps. I found that after entering 80 certs and sorting by certificate number, I could map the date of just about any other certificate I was searching in the PF database to within 6 months. I'd be happy to share it with anyone who wants to send me an email.
Valued Member
366 Posts
Posted 12/02/2020   11:19 pm  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a handful of pretty standard items that have been in at the PF since mid August, and I'm still waiting. Going on 4 months now.

Matt
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
520 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   1:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to bump this thread since I am trying to figure out how up-to-date the PF cert database is. Would anyone who has received a certificate back in Aug, Sep or Oct be willing to let me know what the date of the cert is and the cert number? You can PM me if you wish to keep the info confidential. Thank you in advance.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5665 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
PM sent
Valued Member
366 Posts
Posted 02/01/2021   1:24 pm  Show Profile Check matttodd1's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttodd1 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Finally received my 5 items back from the PF, that were sent in in August (nearly 6 months wait). Certificate numbers 570831-570835 (and they're even already available online!).

-Matt
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2410 Posts
Posted 02/08/2021   5:28 pm  Show Profile Check sinclair2010's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sinclair2010 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
For a relatively small fee, you can get express service. I wonder if there are so many people doing that that the people paying for standard service are constantly getting pushed to the back of the line?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 884Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05