Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Pretty Hungry Bidders At Rasdale Today

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 3,315Next Topic
Page: of 5
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...

United States
1439 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   1:04 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add KRelyea to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I actually won my key item without too much trouble but the bidding on most items was pretty aggressive especially the US and some of those giant lots went well too.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
5084 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   1:47 pm  Show Profile Check revenuecollector's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add revenuecollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What did lot 140, the floor sweepings lot go for? Prices realized won't be posted until next week some time.

It had some great revenue material in it. It was up to $4,500 before the session and my prediction was that it would hit 5 figures. Just tons of great material in it, but out of my league.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5114 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rev -----A bidder has no way to go back to see what a lot sold for until they make it public in a few days .
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5114 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   2:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rasdale is getting very good prices across the board ,most of it goes to Midwest dealers and eBay sellers . The Covid has returned into the Midwest for a second time which bidders/buyers figure we could see a stronger lock down measures .So buying interest for inventory is on everybodys mind .
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1439 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   2:53 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I saw the floor sweeping at around $14,000 but it might have gone a little higher, I never looked at it beforehand.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1069 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Check rlsny's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add rlsny to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The US collections went for silly money. No one is making money on those.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7314 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   4:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dealers usually find ways to make money, even on lots that go above the expected levels.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
711 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   7:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add gmot to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The prices were very strong I thought - didn't end up buying anything, hoping Kelleher has some good stuff in a couple weeks in their lot sale.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5114 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   8:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
gmot --Yes I held back and won one lot ,I am waiting to see what Kelleher has on Dec 5 .
Valued Member
65 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   11:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the 300 pounds of floor sweeping,, lot 158, for $1,000. 10 cartons to go through, I've only managed to get through half a box so far, but some interesting items. So far I've discovered a couple of nice misperfs, a small pile of penny reds, a nice French gutter pair. Will definitely take some time to get through.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
597 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   12:38 pm  Show Profile Check 1typesetter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1typesetter to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lot 140 went for $13,000.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2515 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   1:55 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. H - sounds like lots of fun if you have the time and space for 10 cartons.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5114 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"sounds like lots of fun "------Better buy a large plastic tub and buy a roll of wax paper and get a few old magazines. Cut the wax paper to the size of the pages and skip every two pages . Your going to be reusing those old magazines a few time with the amount you purchased .
Valued Member
65 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   4:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It'll definitely be a project. Just looked at three more boxes, two which were all loose stamps (both on and off paper) and the third had a small amount of loose and the rest in glassines, for the most part, already sorted by country.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5114 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   5:36 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a fun lot to work on .....enough for all of next year . Keep us informed what you find .
Valued Member
65 Posts
Posted 11/17/2020   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Mr. H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Came across the following last night - A Postcard that was sent in 1942 and returned to sender due to being sent to and enemy or enemy occupied country, an FDC of the $1.00 O'Neil with a plate block, Confederate Stamp replicas from Littleton stamp Company, #573 -$5 Head of Freedom block of 4 and a single, 10 #572 - $2 Capital Building, 2 - #114 Locomotives, 5 - #524 $5 Franklins, and quite a few US precancels - a few higher value.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 63 / Views: 3,315Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 2.76 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05