Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Someone With A Michel USA Catalog Help Me Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 383Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
407 Posts
Posted 11/14/2020   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi, I am looking at a lot at small auction house in holland and cannot go see it due to covid restrictions. some 1 cent imperf franklins are marked with michel catalogue numbers, so my question is:

could someone be so kind to scan the page(s) with the 1 cent franklins imperf on it, so I can transfer to scott numbers and determine the lot.

if someone is willing to help, thank you so much!!!!!!!

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Romania
323 Posts
Posted 11/15/2020   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cupram to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you specify the numbers in cat. Michel would have been easier to find.
That's what I found:

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
407 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   07:44 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry for the confusion, I am looking for the variation (types) for Michel no 3, the imperforated 1 cents 1851 to 1861

michel calls them all no 3, not sure how the decide/differ on type

scott calls them number 5 to 9, incl 5b, and 8a
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
407 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
cupram, thank you very very much for helping!!!!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
959 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   10:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Dutch,
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for. I have an OLD Michel USA-Spezial (1992). Assuming there were no major changes, this is what it says about USA MiNr 3:

Edit:uploaded same image twice

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Edited by danstamps54 - 11/16/2020 10:24 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
407 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   11:22 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hi dan,

your the best, this is exactly what I need!!

thanks a million, I can now start doing my due diligence with this info.

if I decide to bid and win I will of course post what I got!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
959 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add danstamps54 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad I could help!

Good luck bidding!

Dan
Experienced stamps need a home too. I'd rather have an example that is imperfect than no example.
I collect for enjoyment, not investment.
APS Member #223433
Postmark Collectors Club Member #6333
Meter Stamp Society Member #1409
Pillar Of The Community
Japan
2404 Posts
Posted 11/16/2020   12:40 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PostmasterGS to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Presenting the GermanStamps.net Collection - Germany, Colonies, & Occupied Territories, 1872-1945
Edited by PostmasterGS - 11/16/2020 12:43 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05