Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Austria Perforation Varieties Information? Years 1891-1907, Scott #66-105

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 141Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
41 Posts
Posted 11/20/2020   02:12 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bmbmbm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I was looking at older Austrian stamps, and noticed that my 2017 Scott Classic Specialized catalog does not fully break down perforation varieties for the years in question. It does for earlier 1867-80 issues, but not the later years. Sometimes it only gives one extra perforation variety, and sometimes no perforation varieties at all (just the basic catalogue number).

The 1891 issue just says "Perf. 9 to 13 1/2, also Compound."
The 1899 issues says "Perf. 10 1/2 to 13 1/2, and Compound."
The 1905-1907 Issue says "Perf. 12 1/2 to 13 1/2, and Compound."

I suppose some combinations on some stamps could be quite scarce, so I was wanting to know about perforation varieties that I should be on the lookout for. I was wondering if anyone had more detailed information of the perforation varieties available, and there relative scarcity/value on each stamp.

Maybe someone who has the Netto and/or Michel catalogue would be willing to share the information?

Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
United States
33 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   2:10 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add boydxbiggs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've run into the same problem. All I know to do is use the perforation gauge on each one of them and keep a copy of each variety. But I have no idea what each variety is worth.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 141Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.09 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05