Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay Managed Payments

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 384Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 11/20/2020   07:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add John Freibergs to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received a message bribing me with a $15 coupon to act before 12/1 and update my account details for Managed Payments. I guess the stampede of people rushing to join Managed Payments isn't what they hoped for. But that's not what this is about. I'm just wondering how long it takes eBay to transfer the payment they collected for you to your bank account? I'd just as soon as have the money available in Paypal since I have Paypal debit card and use that for all my purchases because of the refund they offer. Unfortunately I sell more than just philatelic items so I'm stuck with eBay for the foreseeable future. Thanks for all your input.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1405 Posts
Posted 11/20/2020   08:03 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been in MP since September and it has resulted in some changes in my money management practices but I've have turned these changes to my advantage.

My auctions end every Wednesday and Thursday and we Invoice on Friday. The majority of payments are received by Sunday. MP transfers my $ early Tuesday and the $ are in my bank account Tuesday evening.

I have arranged it so all business related charges are taken from the same account eBay uses for my payments. In my Paypal account I made my business Credit Card the default payment source so I get mileage for all Paypal expenditures such as my shipping labels.

For me MP is fine.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 11/20/2020   09:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If you print mailing labels does eBay take the money from whatever they are holding for you or does it come from your Paypal account? Or do you have a choice?
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1405 Posts
Posted 11/20/2020   1:16 pm  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You can choose how to pay for shipping labels. eBay collects the $ and labels them "Pending" after a period of time they become "Available". The Available $ are forwarded to my bank on Tuesday. So far over 8 weeks all $ were labeled Available and forwarded to me each week.

If you choose to pay shipping labels from eBay funds they use the Pending funds. As I said it works well and I have had no issues.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
515 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Freibergs to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the input KRelyea. I'm not real thrilled with having this shoved on me after working with Paypal all this time but I guess I don't have much choice. Unless I win the lottery first that is
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1405 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   08:31 am  Show Profile Check KRelyea's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add KRelyea to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wasn't happy either and the way eBay does it is very high handed. Not letting me see the MP discussion area until after I signed up was typical of the process. It was a shock to see my Paypal balance go to 0$ for the 1st time in years, but I took the change as an opportunity to rearrange my cash flow process and now it's all automated and much easier. Lemons to lemonade I guess. The most important thing is the money flows smoothly.

Good luck,

Ken
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 384Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05