Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For 3f Version Of This Hungary Stamp - No Scott Catalog #

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 249Next Topic  
Valued Member
250 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   12:02 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add canyoneer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi - I am looking for a 3f version of the Hungary Stamp shown below ("Magyar Posta" only along bottom). In my ancient 2008 Scott Catalog, it states below this series:

"The 3f red lilac, type A13, was never regularly issued without overprint. In 1923 a small quantity was sold by the government at public auction. Valule $4.00"

Was wondering if there is a foreign catalog that has assigned a catalog number for that I could use to search foreign based websites for this stamp (or if anyone has a copy they'd like to sell ). Thanks!
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5179 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   12:29 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
250 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
GeoffHa - thanks, that's it! Now I just to find three other collectors that would want to go in on it with me
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7030 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   2:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You want to waste a perfect block? Why not just buy it and keep looking for a single - then sell the block again.

Peter

Valued Member
Spain
215 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   2:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

The same happens to me

Valued Member
250 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   5:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add canyoneer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Roberto, I feel your pain! Is that a catalog # you have above that space? If so, what catalog? 217A?
Valued Member
Spain
215 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   06:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Spain
215 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   07:15 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The one from 1916 has written "MAGYAR KIR POSTA", the one we are looking for from 1919 "MAGYAR POSTA"
With the legend "MAGYARORSZAG" there are no reapers, only parliaments.

Edited by Roberto59 - 11/22/2020 07:20 am
Valued Member
Spain
215 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   07:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Michel also has it as HU II, and POFIS HU 272

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4974 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   07:57 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add floortrader to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a side note here -----Scott stamp albums have no space for this stamp . They must of done research and determine it was not a valid post office issue .

Valued Member
Spain
215 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   10:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Roberto59 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Catalogs are not the Bible, and even the Bible has different interpretations, depending on the religion you profess.
Valued Member
United States
248 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add StatesmanStamper to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Looking in my Scott catalogs, I do see a missing number (Scott 175) where the 3f stamp would seem to fit. Does anyone know if this is a case of Scott at one time assigning the stamp this number but later withdrawing it, or reserving the number but deciding against assigning it?

My feeling is that Scott should assign it a number and move on. What past editors have considered legitimate falls across such a wide spectrum in so many place that it just seems goofy to me to make any claims to "authority" as to what constitutes a stamp.

Dale
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1682 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen many instances of Scott giving a stamp a major number with a footnote stating something like, "Scott 83 was not regularly issued." It's unfortunate that Scott has many inconsistencies along these lines.

Roberto- really like your pages, title, spacing, etc. Very sharp and clean.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 249Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05