Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 43B Positions 21 And 31

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 211Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   3:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add watermark to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a rather rare pair. Total quantity for 43b and 43vi is 600 stamps. This pair represents two of the 600. The 600 is total number of imperforate stamps available. This represents 6 total sheets of 100 positions. There are only six total pairs like this possible from the six sheets. The pair are positions 21 and 31 from A Plate. Position 21 is easily identified by the lesser 5c on 6c re-entry. The pair is shown below. Also included a copped image of position 21.

The lesser 5c on 6c misplaced entry shows as an arc through the Queen's tiara. There is also a very mild re-entry at the bottom of the stamp.

Mike
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
7287 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   5:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This pair represents two of the 600. The 600 is total number of imperforate stamps available

Wow Mike..If the known accepted percentage of old stamps that may exist...This 2% rule means only 12 exist.

Wow..Are these your stamps..????
Robert
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by wert - 11/21/2020 5:08 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   5:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Forget the bogus 2% rule as it is impossible to prove statistically. They are rare regardless. This pair is mine. I know of more in other collections but they seldom are offered for sale. The only way to be sure it is genuine is to have a pair or larger multiple. That is why the catalogs list these as a minimum of a pair. It is the only provable imperforate I own of the Small Queen Issue.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7030 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Petert4522 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mike, I am not a collector of Canadian stamps. Can you elaborate a bit on this 5c on 6c misplaced ?

Peter
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 11/21/2020   6:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Peter, I will give you a very short outline of the printing process. Flat plate steel engraved printing:

The first step is done by an engraver. He engraves a small steel plate and once it is approved it is hardened.

Then the images is transferred to a soft steel transfer roll. The transfer roll if large enough can have multiple engravings rocked into it. once the image/images are rocked in the transfer roll is hardened.

The Transfer roll is then put into a press that allows the sideographer to rock the images into the flat steel plate spacing them in columns and rows.

In the case of the 5c on 6c, it is believed the transfer roll had both the 5c image and the 6c image on the same transfer roll. The operator laying out the plate is thought to have accidentally rocked the transfer roll too far when entering the 6c design. This caused a small portion of the 5c design to be rocked into the position for the next rocking of the 6c stamp. This is roughly what could have happened on position 21 in my pair.

Mike
Edited by watermark - 11/21/2020 8:55 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1295 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   10:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BlackJag to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A beautiful pair of stamps.

Are they with or without gum?

May I respectfully suggest that you permit Robin Harris to copy your Position 21 minor re-entry stamp into a future Unitrade as there isn't one at present. *** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   10:38 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
My Pair is without gum. Robin has already used many of my stamps for illustrations in Unitrade Catalogue. I will send him some of the 5c on 6c copies including this pair for his consideration.

Mike
Pillar Of The Community
United States
676 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   6:06 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You will find this same pair listed on Ralph Trimble's web site: https://www.re-entries.com/5on6SQ.html . I don't know if the other 5 possible pairs exist as such.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 211Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2020 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05