Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Time For Another Fun Episode Of "Why The ?#%&@ Did You Buy This???"

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 4,089Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1036 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   9:17 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me personally I've found the best material through the occasional misclassification, or overlooked diamonds in the rough that are still within plain site, but people aren't aware of varieties or specialized info.

Absolutely! Some of my best International Auxiliary Language postal history finds have been the result of sellers not having a clue what the heck it was.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1465 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   11:25 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@rismoney: thanks for sharing the history regarding John Apfelbaum. I knew there was something not-so-good in the past, but couldn't recall it.

Somewhere in one of my miscellaneous & ephemera boxes, I have the Linn's book published many years ago containing some of the weekly columns by Earl P.L. Apfelbaum. That is my sole contact with Apfelbaum as I've never done business with them. I always enjoyed the columns despite whatever was going on with the firm.

I mentioned B. Schulze from Port Angeles, WA as several covers were addressed to him. Did a browser inquiry. There is a 2018 thread in The Stamp Forum (TSF) that says he ran a private courier service from 1981 to 1989 between Victoria and Port Angeles as he had addresses in both places. He issued his own stamps; sets of three each year. Sometimes he just did an overprint instead of issuing new stamps. The set was illustrated in the thread. I notice at least two of Dan's covers have a Schulze courier stamp on the back. As an aside, I don't recall hearing of TSF.

I also found a post from 2009 on this site, under Kiloware, where someone wrote saying they had bought a kiloware package from B. Schulze several years prior and they had been pleased with it. I did not dig further to see if he is still living (I've assumed Schulze is a 'he'). There was't much to find regardless.

Edited by Climber Steve - 11/26/2020 11:30 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2578 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   12:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't recall hearing of TSF

Sure Steve, I read it often, usually as the other SFC.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1465 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   09:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Climber Steve to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
??? Phil: TSF is not the other SCF, which I visit regularly. I like the look of TSF, with its breakdown into country topics. I think I'll get acquainted.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2578 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   3:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for setting me straight.
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 81 / Views: 4,089Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05