Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Postal Service Announces Upcoming Stamps 2021

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,346Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7233 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   10:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
No, but Marsha P. Johnson was, and she deserves one. To be fair, Willem Johan Kolff deserves one as well.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5408 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   10:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes!
Valued Member
United States
12 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add ckildegaard to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm probably younger than the vast majority of the crowd here, but I'm actually excited for some of these. I love the lighthouse series (sounds like this may be the last installment?) and the coffee drinks are cool looking as well. I don't see why every stamp has to be serious. Also, although I'm not trying to start a political debate, I will just say that I think marginalized groups have plenty of reasons to decry some figures and ideas that are celebrated in the U.S. (and that trying not to upset people is actually a good thing).

I'd love to see some other stamps, including at least one design celebrating the 50th anniversary of Amtrak (though I think I read that there's a prohibition on honoring government agencies, so that might be a disqualifying factor), and more stamps (besides just the PTSD semipostal) to raise awareness for mental health. I think a stamp honoring our healthcare workers' diligent efforts would be amazing!
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7233 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   11:12 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"I think a stamp honoring our healthcare workers' diligent efforts would be amazing!"

I'm sure that once this is all over that will happen at some point.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1039 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   11:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add erilaz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
cj - yes, those are the ones I was referring to as notable exceptions.

Agreed. The concept of the monster stamps with "accessories" looks like a lot of fun, and I just LOVE the raven design!
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5408 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   12:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I can see an "Operation Warp Speed" issue at some point. An amazing accomplishment. Truly.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5289 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   05:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not to mention a "No Operation Warp Speed" stamp for Pfizer ...
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5408 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   06:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7233 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   07:16 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It can picture McCoy giving Kirk and Spock the shot. With 250,000 red shirts in the background.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5289 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   07:43 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Up to a point, Lord Copper". Pfizer carried out its R&D and trials without US government money. The government cash will go to buying the vaccine.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-washington
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
444 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   3:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add uboatnut to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Unless the non-machineable rate increases for 2021, there's really no need for the new butterfly stamp. USPS did this once before in 2017 with the California Dogface stamp, which was designed and announced but not issued until 2019, still bearing the "2017" in the lower left corner.

Edited by uboatnut - 11/24/2020 3:39 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2489 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   10:30 pm  Show Profile Check eyeonwall's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add eyeonwall to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Even though they have gone to non-denominated "forever" and "non-machinable" and "post card", they often release new stamps when they change rates. They also keep releasing new wedding stamps almost every year, as if people are getting remarried every year and don't want to use the same stamps that they used for last year's marriage.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   11:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Linus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I think that recognizing and honoring the 100th Infantry Battalion/442nd Regimental Combat Team is well-deserved. I feel the artwork on the stamp could have been much better. They could have gone further by making a set of 4, and honored the 82nd Airborne Division, "The Big Red One" First infantry Division, and "The Red Bull" 34th Infantry Division (the first American division deployed to Europe in World War II).

Linus
Valued Member
United States
401 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   03:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Walkman82 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Of all the new stamps being issued, I'll only purchase the coil stamps for my PNC collection. The rest of the cartoons can go to those people who appreciate clip art. I'll continue to use leftover coil stamps when sending anything in the mail. Also, I'm still waiting for an issue on Autism.
Member APS #174069, PNC3 #2386, AFDCS #29532O, PSS #8418

Plate Number Coil Collectors Club (www.PNC3.org)

Coil Line (club newsletter) Editor & Webmaster

Visit my website @ www.scottsstampcollection.com
Valued Member
United States
6 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   02:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add worth to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm happy to see another installment in the Lighthouse series but hate it appears to be the last. I really love these stamps.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 35 / Views: 1,346Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05