Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Italian Facist Parcel Set

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 581Next Topic  
Valued Member

439 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   12:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Sorsh to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

from a $200.000 estate, there was a nice italian collection, and this set mint hinged.
my knowledge of these are limited, any experts out there who can determine authenticity. Normally I would expect this kind of sets to be forged, but considdering the size and quality of the estate it could very well be a nice legit set.

backside of the 3 most expensive there are these, either owners marks or expertize marks?

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
2202 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   1:52 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These, are expertize marks, as Dr. Roig was a Barcelona-based stamp expert. But, being myself from that City, I seem to remember that someone told me beware of ítems with that mark, as after t'he death (many years ago) of the Dr. the mark desapeared. So...
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2887 Posts
Posted 11/22/2020   3:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The market price in italy for this set is around 700 euros with cert.The set mint without the overprint is 12euros.So I would be concerned to.. Your stamps have the bottom of the 'L' in Italiana a bit lower in some of the values as in the genuine certfied stamps.Also the bottom horizontal stroke of the 'E' in 'REP.'is a bit longer in some of the values.These are variable from one printing to another,as well as heavier inking...
There are 2 types ;36mm & 39mm in length.
Edited by perf12 - 11/22/2020 4:35 pm
Italy
4 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   06:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alka2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,

playing around with Gimp it looks like there is an erased script at the bottom of the stamp(?)

Valued Member
439 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@ Alka2, no that's remains of hinge.

@Cursus thanks for the information, but doesn't really brings me closer to authenticity :)

@Perf12 these all seem to be 39mm
Valued Member
439 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   06:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
someone once talked about an italian forum like this, anyone know of it?
Pillar Of The Community
2202 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   09:24 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cursus to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps, my information, brings you close to actual reality, not to your wished one... But, you're free to believe in what you want...
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2887 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   10:55 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
439 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   09:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Sorsh to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Normally I would discard these as authentic, selling them at low start with no guarantee.

but seeing as these come from a very large estate, they are just as likely to be authentic as they are fake.
and from what you've told, his signature was stolen/forged, but they also exist not forged i'd assume.

so far noone has argued that these are authentic or fake, just that there's a chance they are fake.
either way they are worth pursuing considdering where they came from.
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2887 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   3:16 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Only Italian experts like Raybaudi would have the information of the exact settings for each of the values.
The stamps are from different settings put togrther.
Italy
4 Posts
Posted 11/29/2020   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add alka2 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
@Sorsh:the links you requested:

https://www.lafilatelia.it/forum/ (Repubblica Sociale Italiana section)

https://www.ilmondodeifrancobolli.forumfree.it (RSI section)

P.S.:I am not an expert but as far as I know a clue to authenticity are the pressure indents on the gum side.
Edited by alka2 - 11/29/2020 01:52 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 581Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05