Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

US #1468 Gum Error Found?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 323Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/23/2020   12:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Jan DeLucien to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 3 mint stamps with mottled gum on the back. Originally I supposed that these were storage issues or partially used, but uncancelled, etc. However, I was going through a large batch of mint stamps, and found 3 of them with these "splashes" and one with full mint.

a) Is anyone else aware of it?
b) Are there people who would be interested in these stamps? I know people will collecting tagging variations, but wasn't sure about gum errors. I'm willing to share free, but would love to know why, too.

Thanks for any feedback!

P.S. It's hard to photograph it to show the gum difference, though I will if needed.
Send note to Staff
Edited by Jan DeLucien - 11/24/2020 09:11 am

Learn More...
9131 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   09:18 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome.
Please note that for safety reasons buying/selling/trading/swapping is prohibited until you have 50+ posts.

In terms of your gum question, a few images would greatly help. Obviously taking photos of gum is hard but you could try holding the stamp at different angles.
Don
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
United States
2 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   09:50 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Jan DeLucien to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! I'll work on the pictures today.

I'm still trying to get used to this interface, too. Should I edit the post to include them, or can I just reply to the post?

I added that because I thought that maybe people weren't answering because they thought that it was a sales effort. It's more of a should I just throw it away like I do torn stamps while I'm cleaning up my collection. I put my used ones in a rubbermaid box, and my mint stamps in Verio sheets or mounts if they have a value over $10.
Learn More...
9131 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   09:56 am  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Understood.
You can simply 'add a reply' to post your new images. If you have any issue please let me know and I can help.
Don
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 323Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05