Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Price Guide For Concorde Flight Covers?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 181Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
193 Posts
Posted 11/24/2020   5:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add ronv to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just uncovered a small stack of these from a auction purchase and wonder about value. Thanks.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
497 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:20 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ronv, I'll throw out a reply as no one has yet. I was hoping someone with more knowledge could shed some light and hopefully someone will yet because I also seek more info in this area.

I acquired several hundred Concorde covers and have tried to figure out a value. Typically on eBay they go from around $5-50. Things that increase value is signatures of the crew and this goes up if the cover was a return flight that was also signed by the return crew. Also watch for things like if you have a cover from the flight number that crashed, or if a famous celebrity or someone important was on the flight. That's more just the trends I've seen rather than any concrete value per cover / flight. Usually, as with all covers, any kind of uniqueness or oddity you can find will up the value. But the $5-20 range is the usual amount I see them go for, up to the $50 area depending on above factors.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by stamps101 - 11/25/2020 11:22 am
Pillar Of The Community
France, Metropolitan
2878 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add perf12 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the more important types:
http://www.historiaphil.com/catalog...s/2016_1.pdf
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1179 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   08:54 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Tim H to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Ron, I wouldn't plan on getting more than a couple of $ for each cover, and maybe less. They are very common, even those signed by the test pilot Brian Trubshaw. I speak from personal experience, having once been gifted about 50 assorted Concorde covers. I ended up giving them away as nobody would buy them, even at a knock-down price. Good luck selling them. If they are just loose covers, they would really benefit from being written up with route descriptions, etc. A few weeks of easy research could make them much more saleable.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 181Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.12 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05