Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Bill Langs Auction Part 2

Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 945Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6150 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add stallzer to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone received their catalog yet for the 2nd part of the Langs auction? Apparently Fed Ex was requiring signatures on delivery and will re-deliver with no signature next day if nobody is home to sign for it. Apparently Kelleher instructed Fed Ex signatures were not required but Fed Ex being Fed Ex missed that part.
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5318 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:52 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet. Yes, the signature part was dropped a while ago. They ship from Germany or Hong Kong and that may have had something to do with it. It was a needless pain.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6150 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
From the email I received they are coming from Hong Kong.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
513 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   1:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Email received said being shipped from Hong Kong yesterday. Indirect signature required - have never had to sign for these.
Edited by Oracle of Delphi - 11/25/2020 1:24 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
513 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   1:33 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Oracle of Delphi to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Arrived this morning - no signature
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   1:39 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jamesg to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Same - no signature.
Valued Member
United States
156 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   3:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Richard Frajola to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Relax!

I have probably received in excess of 50 Fedex signature required packages in the last 6 months. I have not signed for a single package - they are left on the steps of my front door inside a fenced area. On such packages, if you view the signature on the delivery tracking, you will see "COVID 19" or "C19" or similar - all those are written by the fedex delivery driver.

In short, the sender gets nothing for the extra that was paid. On outbound Fedex packages I quit using signature required more than 6 months ago for that reason.

Not sure what my insurance, that covers both inbound and outbound shipments, would do - prefer not to find out.
Edited by Richard Frajola - 11/27/2020 3:38 pm
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5318 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   4:30 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I still sign for Fedex packages. Just not the Kelleher catalog because they dropped the requirement.

Edit to add: Perfect timing. My Fedex driver just dropped off three massive cartons of double wall stainless steel stove pipe that was not mine. LOL
Edited by rogdcam - 11/27/2020 4:32 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
708 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   4:38 pm  Show Profile Check docgfd's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add docgfd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like you have the makings of a new business enterprise at hand...

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5318 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   5:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
85 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   9:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Mine arrived around 8pm local time
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
159 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   10:28 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add widglo46 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
FedEx shouldn't be charging for a service they aren't performing. The FedEx delivery man told me that I need to tell senders to use "Direct Signature Required" if I want a shipment held for signature. The standard offer FedEx sells is evidently "Indirect Signature Required", but it is actually just the same as ordinary delivery.

I'm using USPS Express Mail until FedEx stars getting signatures again.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6150 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   1:58 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Not that I was expecting to find any but not a lot of bargains so far
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1777 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   2:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add shermae to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
If nothing else, recent philatelic auction results have been extremely interesting and have sparked new energy into the forum.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6150 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   2:21 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It's also sparking me into thinking it's a good time to sell.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5318 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   2:43 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It is an excellent time to sell.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 945Next Topic  
Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05