Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mounting Battle Of Hastings Strip

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 301Next Topic  
Valued Member
24 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   5:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add tore99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What is the best option for mounting the Great Britain Battle of Hastings strip of stamps in an album? No mount strip seems long enough for the whole strip and I prefer not to hinge.
Send note to Staff

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
30748 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   5:25 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

William Steiner's attempt.........

1966 Steiner page 23

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5265 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   5:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The only way to mount the strip and retain its original design is diagonally. You should be able to make a neat strip from two shorter ones without the join's being visible. You can then mount the other two stamps on either side.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
282 Posts
Posted 11/25/2020   11:09 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Noocassel to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Like GeoffHa says mount it diagonally across the page.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
5265 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   01:47 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GeoffHa to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Depends how big your page is, of course. The other option is to have your page in landscape format, if that doesn't offend your aesthetic sense. I mainly do that for certain miniature sheets.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
2902 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   05:59 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add angore to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The original Steiner. Since the design is not crossing, I have no issues with breaking them up,

Al
Valued Member
24 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   06:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add tore99 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone; I'm going to follow Geoff's suggestion of using two mount strips. The joint where they meet should not be too visible.
Valued Member
59 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   8:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BrentAbba to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
One more idea - this is how my older Gibbons album places the strip.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 301Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.14 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05