Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unitrade 15v - Extreme Re-Entry

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 356Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   3:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going to show you an extreme example of a Canada Unitrade 15v.
I was at the local stamp club and my friend Jim showed me his newest find..Took pictures, so quality is not the best, but you get the idea,

re-entry over the entire stamp..WOW

Robert

Send note to Staff
Edited by wert - 11/26/2020 4:16 pm

Pillar Of The Community
United States
688 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   4:01 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my proof single of 15V to give a better look at the major re-entry shared by Robert. That is one of the best used copies I have seen.

Mike
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   4:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
wow..Mike
That is one beautiful proof stamp.Glad you posted..Now collectors can see more detail better than the one I posted.

Hey, I will buy it off you for a dollar down and a dollar a week...haha

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
United States
688 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   5:57 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Robert, I am afraid we will be in collector Heaven long before the conclusion of that transaction.

Best, Mike
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
30792 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   6:35 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
we will be in collector Heaven

I thought collector Heaven was down here.
They have stamps up there?
Sounds good.
What about down below? I may be going there.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
688 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   6:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I have my doubts about down there...paper burns awfully easy.
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   6:53 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good ones guys..You made me laugh.

BTW..Take a look at Ralph Trimble's site..He got another award...WOW.
Robert

Valued Member
497 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   7:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stamps101 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Down there" we are forced to spend 24/7 eternity sorting these:

Pillar Of The Community
Canada
1068 Posts
Posted 11/26/2020   9:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add No1philatelist to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh! That is where all the filler material goes? Have to avoid that and buy quality!
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   09:16 am  Show Profile Check pascoe's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add pascoe to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Is this the same as a double impression or a double transfer?
Pillar Of The Community
7427 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   09:26 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
pascoe..Try this link...It will explain everything.

Robert
https://www.re-entries.com/decimal_...pp1-25.shtml
Pillar Of The Community
United States
688 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   11:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add watermark to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Pascoe, Many people call these re-entries. It is in fact a double transfer by means of the die being rocked into the plate twice at slightly different position. There for it is re-entered into the plate. Here in the US many people use the term "double transfer". Canadian collectors prefer the term "re-entry". They still identify the same type of printing anomaly.

Mike
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 356Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05