Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Schuyler Rumsey December 2020 Sales

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 335Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1435 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   8:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received alerts about S-R's December sales a few days ago, and the hard copy catalogs arrived today via Priority Mail. The Gems of Philately sale is particularly eye-popping. As a rotary press rarities maven, I cant recall an auction in years in which US Scott 544, 594, 596, and 613 all were offered in the same sale. Plus a CIA invert. Altogether, three solid sales, gorgeous catalogs, and I can't wait to bid.
Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
454 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   8:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rismoney to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow The centering and condition of so many stamps in that sale is crazy and expect it to be super competitive. Def one of the better material ones I have seen as of late.

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by rismoney - 11/27/2020 8:42 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
85 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   9:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add BobInRye to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Please leave the 596 alone. I REALLY need it.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
528 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   9:24 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add mootermutt987 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Please leave the 596 alone. I REALLY need it.

Just keep your eyes on the forums here - it seems that a '596' comes up every other day. And from people that don't really collect stamps!

Back on topic: The Rumsey sales are really spectacular. Looks like I gotta start saving my money all over again.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7231 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   9:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are other items even rarer, although they do not have the same financial valuation, such as the $5 Hamilton solo use on a commercial cover or the Prexie cover.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
5368 Posts
Posted 11/27/2020   10:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rogdcam to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Great material and amazing catalogs. They are piling up. I have four auctions in four days lined up. Plus a couple of likely additional contenders in December. Where is Bill Gross's AE card when you need it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 335Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05