Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Worth Anything?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 467Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   01:02 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Dyver26 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I saved these Naval Academy stamps from 1995, because I thought they were pretty cool at the time. I don't really want them anymore. I never went to the academy, I got commissioned from the enlisted ranks. I'm inclined to toss them, or use them on two letters, unless they're worth more than $1.28. Any help would be appreciated....
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
546 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   08:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wkusau to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Go ahead and use them on letters.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
406 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   10:53 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
yes,agreen with wkusau, they are nice looking but the best value you are going to get is use them
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
1759 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   11:18 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Classic Coins to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

If you did try to sell this block, the most you could get for them would likely be less than face value. Mint stamps from as far back as the 1930s commonly sell for less than face value today.

Either use them on mail, or consider keeping them for the reason you originally bought them.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7231 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   11:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Mint stamps from as far back as the 1930s commonly sell for less than face value today."

I would amend this slightly by saying MOST mint stamps from the 30's forward commonly sell for less than face value today. There are some that sell for anywhere from a little more to a great deal more. Perhaps it is only 1%-2%, but they do exist.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
7231 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   11:35 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add revcollector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Mint stamps from as far back as the 1930s commonly sell for less than face value today."

I would amend this slightly by saying MOST mint stamps from the 30's forward commonly sell for less than face value today. There are some that sell for anywhere from a little more to a great deal more. Perhaps it is only 1%-2%, but they do exist
Edited by revcollector - 11/28/2020 11:36 am
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
4280 Posts
Posted 11/28/2020   12:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add redwoodrandy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Postage.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 467Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05