Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Engraved Stamps - Take 2  

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 29
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5875 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   10:00 pm  Show Profile Check smauggie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add smauggie to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BeeSee? A Panama collector? Cool.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
Canada
5699 Posts
Posted 10/14/2010   10:33 pm  Show Profile Check BeeSee's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BeeSee to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I am starting to dabble in Panama - especially the early used issues, like the map overprints
BeeSee in BC
"The Postmark is Mightier than the Stamp"
http://brcstamps.com ---- BNAPS, RPSC, APS
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23608 Posts
Posted 10/15/2010   02:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BeeSee is a lost cause,
he loves all stamps, he is on the cusp of
being a stamp collector, to becoming a stamp hoarder :)

Pillar Of The Community
United States
4106 Posts
Posted 10/15/2010   08:13 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampvirgin to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
BeeSee is turning into Kim?
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
2569 Posts
Posted 10/15/2010   11:07 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add timbres667 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Some more engraved stamps from Iceland. Issued for the 100 anniversary of the National Bank. By W. Seidel.

Edited by timbres667 - 10/15/2010 11:11 am
Valued Member
Spain
266 Posts
Posted 10/15/2010   2:49 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AndrewF31 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
3 more beautiful examples of engraved stamps.
Really like the borders used in stamps during the early 20th century.

Scandinavian countries did a lot of great engraved stamps between 1960s and 1980s.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   04:14 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
What would everyone like to see?
I am a big fan of engraved stamps and have quite a few scanned.
How is this to start?

Image size OK or could be bigger/smaller?
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1355 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   05:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stampgal to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely stamp Anthony, I really like local crafts and customs shown on stamps. A glimpse of another culture. There are lots of engraved stamp fans on this forum - you have probably noticed!
I think that's a great scan, Rod will be along later to cast his professorial eye over it
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
23608 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   07:21 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
You read my mind

The quality of scans on the forum is fantastic!
and improving all the time.
We all get to see some lovely work by designers and engravers.
Rest in Peace
Canada
6750 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   08:37 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Puzzler to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome AnthonyUK !

I see you use Flickr.com and, for me on dial-up, it doesn't time-out and lose three quarters of the image, expecting you to be on hi-speed.

Beautiful! Thanks for asking from all of us on dial-up connection.
Pillar Of The Community
United Kingdom
1361 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add AnthonyUK to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks. It is a pleasure to share and be in the company of like-minded folk.
Glad to hear Flickr is OK too.
I'll have to search for the original thread unless duplication isn't an issue or it has been a while since it was active :)
Here is one of my favourites. Simple but delightful.

Edited by AnthonyUK - 11/02/2010 10:29 am
Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   10:33 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't worry too much about the occasional duplicate, but it is worth finding the original thread, anyway, for the great material.
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4387 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I also love these steel engraved/recess/intaglio (whatever name you use)little works of art.

Here are a few from Sweden's master court engraver Czeslaw Slania.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
5691 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   2:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Cjd to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I've never seen those enlarged...spectacular.

This gets repeated every few months, but there are lots a new faces here, so it bears repeating that he could engrave ten lines in a millimeter. Think about that...
Pillar Of The Community
Canada
4387 Posts
Posted 11/02/2010   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add lithograving to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Austria also produced some nice stamps and they had many excellent engravers.
On the bottom right is the name of the engraver and on the left the designer.

I hope I'm overloading the site with too many images.
Page: of 29 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2018 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05