Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland Scott 44 And 48 Possible New Perforations

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 247Next Topic  
Pillar Of The Community
7468 Posts
Posted 12/02/2020   1:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add wert to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been looking through a lot of Newfoundland stamps.
I came across about 5 stamps that in catalouges are assigned 12x12 perforations.Most of them are 12x12, but a few measure 12.25x12.25

Don't know if I should ship a couple off to VINCENT GRAVES GREENE PHILATELIC RESEARCH FOUNDATION for verification.

Below are the Scott 44 and 48 that I am talking about.
Think I should send them to VGG foundation..???

Robert

Send note to Staff

Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
Posted 12/02/2020   8:59 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Wert, I just checked my 35 copies of the 1 green stamp. I found 3 with the 12.25 perf.

22 copies of the 2 orange, I found 1 copy with the 12.25 perf.

Trodent.

ps, I checked #47 2 green cod, all perfed at 12.1

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
7468 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   10:23 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for taking the time to check the perfs for me.
There are 3 more in the same perf range.

Hope it is enough to possibly be recognized as a new perf for catalouges to pick up on.

4 more Scott 51, 52, 56 and 59
Will post the others here as time goes on.

Thanks again.

Robert
Pillar Of The Community
7468 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   7:22 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add wert to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There are also many more perforation anomalies with Newfoundland stamps...I have been working with a gentleman at BNAPS with reference to NFLD perforations...The excel sheet I have has approx. 121 differences and approx. 84 possible round offs.

Here for your interest is just a few of other Provinces that have perforation anomalies.

Nova Scotia Scott 9
Catalouge 12x12
Actual 11.8x11.8

Nova Scotia Scott 11i
Catalouge 12x12
Actual 11.8x11.8

Nova Scotia Scott 12
Catalouge 12x12
Actual 11.8x11.8

Nova Scotia Scott 13
Catalouge 12x12
Actual 11.8x11.8

P.E.I. Scott 5i
Catalouge 12x12
Actual 12x11.8

Just saying.
Robert

Valued Member
Canada
153 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   8:15 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Trodent to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Since these Newfoundland Stamps are printed by the British North American Bank Note Co in Montreal AND some of the Canada Small Queens were also printed by British North American Bank Note Co in Montreal.

The logical solution would be, there must be multiple different perforations in the Newfoundland printings also. Since the Newfoundland 1 cent Prince of Wales and the 2 codfish stamps had multiple printings.

Trodent
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 247Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.11 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05