Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Kind Of Cancel On "Special Delivery" From NYC Dated 1904

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 183Next Topic  
Valued Member
Germany
34 Posts
Posted 12/02/2020   5:46 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add grisuhh62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found on a letter dated 1904, Special Delivery, domestic mail to NYC a postmark, that I can not classify.
This is the front:

And here the back with the mentioned postmark:

This marked postmark is my problem. What kind is it? Does it have something to do with the special delivery? A postmark from the delivering mailman? Exist this only from NYC? Is there any publication, philatelic society or something, that research these postmarks? Exist a website about it? In the old publication "speedy" about these stamps I found nothing about it.

So many question because a small postmark. I hope some will be answered.
Regards
Juergen
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
3258 Posts
Posted 12/02/2020   6:14 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
A New York City station receiving cancel. Note your cancel is the last applied chronologically. See this thread for several illustrations of similar cancels:

http://goscf.com/t/71937
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
Germany
34 Posts
Posted 12/03/2020   1:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add grisuhh62 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks John Becker. Also for the link. This old threat about the same question I had completely forgotten. Sorry!!
Juergen
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 183Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.16 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05