Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help To Identify A Cancel On A Cover.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 428Next Topic  
Valued Member

13 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   11:40 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add Firefox1492 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can someone please help me identify this cancel ? Thanks.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
United States
2571 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   12:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add littleriverphil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly, but we would need to see all the cover.

When asking for help with identification, you'll help us by letting us know what you do know of the subject.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   12:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Firefox1492 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm if I knew about the subject of cancels then why would I be asking. Does that make sense ? And why the whole cover. It's Manila - New York. Thanks.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
399 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   1:08 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
hey if we know from where it originated and what destination was we only have to focus on thees 2 places (or transit places if that makes sense?)
Pillar Of The Community
3226 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   1:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add John Becker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Interpreting postal history involves looking at ALL the clues - the rate, route, stamps, cancels, origin, destinations, etc., etc. To obtain the fullest information it is necessary to have complete information about the item being examined.

The members of this community have an incredible wealth of knowledge from decades of collecting and study. They may see the smallest clue which a cropped image may omit through an assumption that it was not important.

A picture is indeed worth a thousand words ... so please show us the full cover. You might be surprised with the information that comes back to you.
Valued Member
13 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   1:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Firefox1492 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
And Mr Netherlands look right above your post. I told you the two areas. Shipping and destination. (Does that make sense ) Enjoy ! And I just figured the stamps were a pretty clear indication of where it was shipped from. Wow. Why are there so many smart mouths here ?????
Edited by Firefox1492 - 12/04/2020 1:57 pm
Learn More...
8769 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   2:04 pm  Show Profile Check 51studebaker's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 51studebaker to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I locked his account for a second time.

I am leaving this thread up to illustrate 'How Not To Begin A New Membership' in a free online community. Bobby sent him an email and his account was locked yesterday to prevent the flood from continuing. I then spent more time moving the flood of his threads than I have ever spent on any other new member this morning. His account was unlocked this morning.

Then he starts throwing shade on folks trying to help him??? Geez.
Don
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   2:19 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PMStamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Good for you Don. While I certainly do not shy away from asking questions or even disagree, I certainly cannot understand why a new member would have so little knowledge regarding stamp types, think everything is an error, and then start being rude towards people trying to help him.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1434 Posts
Posted 12/04/2020   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add cjpalermo1964 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
I would contend that the ubiquity of internet search engines and the contentiousness of communication in many online forums has led to a broad reduction in the interest of people in engaging in critical thinking. We see many new members here who treat the community as a search engine, posting a question and expecting an immediate and reliable identification or value assessment without any work on their part. This is just the latest example. Perhaps we need some more clear statement in the guidelines, to which people agree upon joining, saying "this is a community to which you are expected to contribute and not your personal search engine."
Valued Member
Learn More...
Netherlands
399 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   05:49 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Dutch US Stamp Collector to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you Don, good call
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2285 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   11:51 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add txstamp to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the ubiquity of internet search engines...

That's an interesting take, which seems correct for a society focused on instant gratification.
Pillar Of The Community
Learn More...
United States
6150 Posts
Posted 12/05/2020   12:05 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add stallzer to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would contend that the ubiquity of internet search engines and the contentiousness of communication in many online forums has led to a broad reduction in the interest of people in engaging in critical thinking.

I believe this statement is spot on but I'll have to google it first.
Edited by stallzer - 12/05/2020 12:06 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 428Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.15 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05