Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Interest In Aerogrammes (And/Or) Airpcraft Related Postal Stationery?

Previous Page | Next Page    

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 1,135Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
Posted 12/29/2020   9:38 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add agondocz to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Two used aerogrammes from Sierra Leone:

Best wishes,
AndrewG
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/10/2021   12:41 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
These are not aerogrammes, but are airmail postal stationery so will fit in this link nicely.

These are both from Madagascar, and were issued in 1936 and 1938 time frames.

The first is FB-1 issued 1936. Used to India in 1945 hence the added postage to get it up to the current rate. Cover in great shape for one that old!

The second item is Madagascar FB-2 issued in 1938. The postmark indicates usage in 1936 . Very nice condition item.

Enjoy both!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
421 Posts
Posted 01/10/2021   2:54 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add jleb1979 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for starting this thread, PoStat4evR. While my original collecting interest was (and continues to be) US and US Airmails, as a consequence of the latter, I came to have a number of US airmail post cards and postal stationery. I've got to grapple with how best to house them all.

So here is the 1985 Halley's Comet issue Sc. UC60, in unfolded condition. I've always thought this one a little odd, but I suppose the emphasis on Mark Twain conveys the human lifetime periodicity of the Comet which is the only short-period comet visible to the naked eye and the only naked-eye comet which is visible twice in a good long lifetime. As to the Twain quote on the envelope, he was correct, and did in fact die in 1910 at the Comet's peak.

Halley's comet is due back in 2061.

Edited by jleb1979 - 01/10/2021 2:55 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/10/2021   4:20 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
To: jleb1979: Thanks for the post and welcome aboard. There are a lot of people out in forum land that collect aircraft related or aerogramme, envelopes, postal stationery or all kinds. It is a big field and lets get the shares rolling! Again, thanks for participating.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   2:04 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This first post of the day are newer (to me) aerogrammes from various countries.
Four in total. Catalog numbers, I do not know, as none of my catalogs go that far. Just enjoy them.
The first is from Chile.

Next item from India.

Next 2 items are from Brazil.

next post will have some GB items. Enjoy. Comments? (I should really get that darned hair off the scanner!)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/17/2021   2:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
The next two items are British (England) private print aerogrammes. These are different from the normal private printed aerogrammes in that they contain the new style "BY AIR MAIL" logo at the top left.

Enjoy. Have a great weekend.
(Darned hair!)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   12:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of Uruguay aerogrammes. I do not know the date of issue, but guessing somewhere in the 1980's. Also I do not know the catalog numbers, as I do not have any current catalogs for South American items. All that said.... Enjoy.

Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
31303 Posts
Posted 01/19/2021   8:42 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Cocos Keeling Aerogrammes.

Captain William Keeling, sporting a very impressive Ruff.
Edited by rod222 - 01/19/2021 8:45 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/24/2021   4:32 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a pair of postal stationery (Aerogrammes) that do not get much air play.
the first is a period in Cambodia histor5y that would probably like to be forgotten. It is from the separated Cambodia overall country, and called "Republic of KHMERE. As far as I can see it was a independent section of Cambodia between 1970 and 1975, which was formed to give Vietnam a hard time during the war. Vietnam actually won the skirmish and the country was under Vietnamese rule for a while. I could be wrong, but that is the general way it went. If you want better definition, look it up on Google.

And the second item is from Vietnam. Equal billing.

Hope these are new items for you to look at. Enjoy
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 01/31/2021   2:31 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more you may or may not have see4n.

First is from Costa Rica

Next is one from Cuba.

Next comes one from El Salvador.

and finally ... the last on this group is from Venezuela.

Sorry for the small images, but that was the choice for today!

Any requests I may have laying around to view?
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2115 Posts
Posted 02/01/2021   06:06 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Request: Any more South or Central America you have to show?

I much prefer to collect aerogrammes from countries around the Pacific. So for some reason I have some from Angola which were just plain unusual and interesting.

First issued in 1953. Nice patterns for the security overlays.:

The coat of arms on the back is for the Liceu Diogo Co shown on the indicium

Coat of arms for Liceu Slvador Correia (Luanda) shown on the indicium

First issued in 1955:

The security overlay is composed of coffee tree branches

The security overlay is composed of cotton flowers

The security overlay is composed of ears of corn

These are Kessler# 7, 8, 10, 11, 12, if anyone cares.

If you like different style airmail envelope borders:
http://goscf.com/t/68701&whichpage=1
aerogrammes have plenty of them.
Pillar Of The Community
1091 Posts
Posted 02/03/2021   4:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kimo to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
There used to be a larger number of collectors who collected these, though today it is not many. This is great news since it means that there is little competition for them and they can be collected for very little money.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2115 Posts
Posted 02/04/2021   04:17 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Through (I think) at least the late 1970s, Kessler(?) was selling aerogramme new issues (and assigning new catalog numbers) offered in a regular newsletter. That kept interest going and provided a reasonably priced source for them.

The negative thing today is not necessarily knowing what you are missing, including varieties. Country catalogs still often ignore their stationery. You/we may have even less competition in the future at least from potential US collectors now that the US no longer issues aerogrammes -- not compatible with their machinery, they say.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1127 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   10:30 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a couple of Papua & New Guinea items. Enjoy!!

Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
Posted 02/06/2021   12:50 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add GMC89 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Rod222 and Philatarium;
"Thanks for the memories"
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 1,135Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.18 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05