Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Interest In Aerogrammes (And/Or) Airpcraft Related Postal Stationery?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,334Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar Of The Community
United States
2501 Posts
Posted 04/13/2021   8:55 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add hy-brasil to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice usage of a formula, also with cancel commemorating the day that the UK went decimal. Does anyone have the book that might tell us whose etiquette/stamp that is?

Some may have wondered if there are errors in aerogrammes. Here's one from Hong Kong:

The dark blue is entirely missing. Compare with the normal one below:

More commonly found are miscuts, where the die cutting of the aerogramme is inverted in most cases. Stuff happens with the production of postal stationery, so those errors are scarce but not usually rare. The missing color here or miscut noted could still be used, so perhaps they were just allowed to pass through inspection.
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by hy-brasil - 04/13/2021 8:56 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 06/05/2021   9:03 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Been a while. Here are a few new ones. Enjoy.....

Here is a nice "BALOONPOST" item, a little bit slower version of an aerogramme. Austria 1971

Here are a pair of newer (more recent) day Belgium items..

Here is a Hungary aerogramme .. (glossy paper on this one)..issue 1983

Enjoy

Edited by PoStat4evR - 06/05/2021 9:21 pm
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 06/05/2021   9:48 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here a a few more to add.....

Italy 1978, cancel tied to philatelic event..

and finally for today a 1948 Yugoslavia item...

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 07/18/2021   12:27 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Howdy. It has been a month or so since my last submissions. I shall attempt to put up a bunch today. Maybe or Maybe NOT!

Here are my first two. Both are from the Middle East Country of QATAR.
The first is (H&G #) F-G-1 issued in 1957. Not rare, but getting there!

The next is a new aerogramme (no cat listing in my older catalogs) issued in 1992-ish. No postmark from Qatar, but a "South Jersey" postmark is there upon. Do not know if we are talking South Jersey in the UK or South Jersey in the US. Oh well, enjoy....

Will try to get a few more done today ... stick around.
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 07/18/2021   2:34 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few more (don't think they are duplicates).

First is an item from INDIA, issued in 2009(ish) to honor Indira Gandhi. This technically is NOT an aerogramme, but the format is the same, and the concept is the same, just for local India mail.

Next an item from Indonesia. Year unknown as it exceeds my catalogs).

Here is one from Liberia 1956 item. Catalog (H&G) F-G-5g. Watermark "V".

Next, an 1967 LIBYA item. White address blocked-out by me, NOT part of envelope design.

and... finally for this post... An unusual item (for me) is this
item from a short lived Peoples Republic of Kampuchea which existed between 1979 thru 1989. Look up history if need be. This item was issued in 1984 for Los Angeles Olympics. The white (clear) address section is part of envelope this time.

Hope these were of interest. Gotta go do some yard work. Maybe a few later...
Valued Member
244 Posts
Posted 07/18/2021   4:26 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add patg23 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
"Postal Stationary For Ever" - Nice you started this one.

I enjoy putting aside Air Letter Sheets when I find them.

Saw your Yugoslavia item and was reminded of these

Some years ago I found them in a booth at a street fair.I think it was the family correspondence, as it was the only postal items there, and everything else seemed to be as an estate sale.

Best to all,
pat

Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
Posted 08/21/2021   10:23 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add Kelump to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Philippines Scott 508 on Higgins & Gage FG6.

United States
1 Posts
Posted 08/26/2021   8:47 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add localpcguy to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Those are some nice and clean aerogrammes :)
Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 09/11/2021   10:11 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
It has been a while since I have been on, having computer issues.
Here however are some off main track aerogrammes.
Germany issues many, many private order postage combinations and have them printed to order) on among other things, aerogramme format paper.
Here are a few of many, many of these items. 1970's thru 1980's mainly.

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 09/12/2021   11:04 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
here are a few more......

Pillar Of The Community
United States
1138 Posts
Posted 09/12/2021   12:51 pm  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add PoStat4evR to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
and more........

More if you want them.... They seem endless......
Bedrock Of The Community
Learn More...
Australia
33077 Posts
Posted 09/25/2021   12:08 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add rod222 to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Aerogrammes Issued during 1957
(Not Exhaustive)

American Dating Code (Month Day Year)

Edited by rod222 - 09/25/2021 12:10 am
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,334Next Topic  
Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05