Stamp Community Family of Web Sites
Thousands of stamps, consistently graded, competitively priced and hundreds of in-depth blog posts to read
Stamp Community Forum

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some stamps?
Our stamp forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finland Military Stamp M1-Doubling On The Lettering?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 234Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   01:45 am  Show Profile Bookmark this topic Add bmbmbm to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I noticed what appears to be kind of a "double print" on the stamp, and was wondering if what I found actually "is something".

Issued in 1941, it's not even in my Scott Classic Specialized, and my regular Scott Catalogue doesn't give much information on it.

Is this relatively common? Is it an error? Is there any premium for this kind of thing or does it have the same value as a normal stamp?

What do people think?

Thanks!

Send note to Staff

Pillar Of The Community
Australia
1577 Posts
Posted 12/09/2020   02:56 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add 22crows to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
This thread might be of interest.

https://www.stampcommunity.org/topi...PIC_ID=12272
Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
Posted 12/12/2020   01:41 am  Show Profile Bookmark this reply Add bmbmbm to your friends list  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi 22crows,

Thank you for that link, but it doesn't answer my question about the doubling of the letters.

I have a 2012 Scott C-F catalogue, so I found the same information as in the thread. Sometimes the Classic Specialized give more info than the regular Scott catalogue, but of course it doesn't cover a stamp issued in 1941.

I was wondering more about if this doubling was common. Probably errors are more common with more cheaply printed stamps, but I'm don't know if this one qualifies or not.

Maybe someone who specializes in Scandinavia stamps would know?

Send note to Staff  Go to Top of Page
Edited by bmbmbm - 12/12/2020 01:42 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 234Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Go to Top of Page
Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Stamp Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Stamp Community Family - All rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Stamp Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Privacy Policy / Terms of Use    Advertise Here
Stamp Community Forum © 2007 - 2021 Stamp Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to lick this stamp. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05